Help!!!using Wilton's Cake Dividing Wheel

Decorating By carla13 Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 5:16pm by 2yummy

carla13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carla13 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 4

i'm a newbie and i'm wanting to put drapes of fondant on the side of a cake and i want them to be level and even. So, can someone give me detailed instructions on using the cake dividing wheel? for example, if you are wanting to divide a 6" cake into 6ths. do you put the cake in the center and just mark everywhere the 6 is on the wheel? do you line it up exactly on that # or do you mark it where the line is in corilation to the #?

3 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 4

My insturctor just explained that to us in my Wilton III class the other day. If I remember correctly you place your cake in the middle of the wheel. Since you have a 6" cake it will sit on the 6" line, the inner most one. There are circles on the wheel in 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 19 inch. Find the 6's on the outermost part of the wheel. Follow the staight line into your cake and mark it. Do that for all of the sixes and your cake should be divided into 6ths. So don't move your cake, leave it in the middle of the wheel and look for all of the 6's and follow the line to your cake. Does that make sense? I hope that helps.

carla13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carla13 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

thank you, that makes sense and that is what i thought but i wanted to be sure. so you mark it on the dark line near where the # is?

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 4

yes, just follow that dark straight line up to your cake and mark it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%