Decorating By SweetBellina Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 10:25pm by CanadianChick

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:28am
post #61 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundine2

Work full time in critical care as an RN. Bake on the side...just for fun and to relieve the stress of being a nurse. Been a nurse for 19 years...best decision I ever made was to go to nursing school.

You sound just like me. I always say the best thing I ever did was go to nursing school. I've also been a nurse for 19 years....... cakes is my on-the-side business, and growing............ icon_biggrin.gif

JulieB ... I'm so happy to hear you (and sundine2) say that nursing school was the best thing you ever did! I am starting nursing school in a month, and I am soooooo excited!!! I have had so many nurses tell me that I'm crazy to want to be a nurse, and that I should really rethink going to nursing school, and it is so discouraging to hear that. So, I always get very excited when I hear nurses talk about how much they love what they do. I know I'm going to love it, too! icon_smile.gif

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:43pm
post #62 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

I am a stay at home mom of 2 little girls. A 3 year old and a almost 2 year old. Also just found out the 3rd is on the way! I also run a small at home baking and decorating buisness on the side. check it out at www.euphoriabakery.com. And in my spare time (ha ha, as if there is any) I teach Wilton classes at a local Michaels. I keep very busy, but love every minute of it!

Your link doesn't work would love to check out your business

Try this one http://www.euphoriabakery.com/

Kahlila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahlila Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #63 of 64

I am a part-time student, full-time office manager, and I also have a stained glass sole-proprietorship. Trying to get pregnant and wont be able to keep doing stained glass because it's toxic. I come from creative people and have to be diong something, so I took cake classes at Michael's and can't get enough! If I could only learn to play my guitar my creative reportoire would be complete! icon_smile.gif

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:25pm
post #64 of 64

full time accountant/auditor, and there's no WAY I'd trade it for the frustration of professional caking! I LOVE my job.

I also sing in two bands, although we usually refuse to take money for it (kinda like me and cakes).

almost became a pastry chef, then realized that with the progression of my arthritis, that accounting was a better choice when I had to make a career change (AGAIN) when I was around 25.

I definitely made the right choice, and every "crazy bride" story reaffirms that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%