To: Agentcakebaker

Decorating By D77 Updated 14 Dec 2014 , 12:50am by craftybanana

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:34am
post #31 of 41

Doing well thanks! Getting closer to opening my own shop. I have the garage nearly cleared out. Water lines and gas lines are in place so just need to bring in the appliances. Sure is a slow process for me though!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:47am
post #32 of 41

Well Congrads on that!!! That's exciting news to hear!! When do you think you'll be opening?

tcturtleshell Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:49am
post #33 of 41

KayDay did you go to bed & leave me? LOL icon_smile.gif

Patzzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patzzz Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:50am
post #34 of 41

Hi!! I'm a newbie to this site. It's only been a couple of months. Addicted after the first time. Not really a cowboy, but wanted to show I was from Arizona. Boy it's been hot!!! Not good for the buttercreams. All your cakes are amazing. I've doding cakes for a lot of years, but have learned more in these past 2 months. THANK YOU!!!

cowboy.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:53am
post #35 of 41

Hope to open sometime this summer--Went back to my "real" job full time for the summer to get the money to open the shop. It is a real catch 22 though--Work more to get the money to work on the shop--less time and never get to actually do it!! icon_cry.gif

Patzzz Welcome to CC! Don't you just love it here!!

tcturtleshell Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:47am
post #36 of 41

Well I'm proud as can be for you!! Don't let owning a shop go to your head like it does to some folks on CC. Remember the dinosaurs!! icon_smile.gif

Welcome Patzzz~ I've learned most of what I know from CC & all these fine decorator's here!

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 12:48pm
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Quote:

After awhile, all of the repetitious questions get reeeeeaaaaaaaallllly old.

I would have to agree with this statement. I've been coming to this site for 5 years but didn't ask questions for a long time because I was simply "doing my research". There is so much information here if people would take the time to search. I know that I'm guilty of this also; sometimes you need an answer fast or maybe a more up-to-date answer, but for the most part, you can find your answer if you look for it.

I think people enjoy the "talk" and getting replies. It's the way of the world now, isn't it? icon_wink.gif

I wanted more stars by my name, but I'm so busy with cake that I don't have the time to sit and comment!

Hope this doesn't sound "haughty" or anything...just commenting.
I love this site! thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 3:03pm
post #38 of 41

I feel one really good reason for the Q&A is a way of "getting to know people". It's funny sunlover, but when I saw your reply I thought you were new until I saw the date you joined and read your response.

I realize time is precious, but it's also fun when you do have a few minutes to post and reply and get to know your online neighbors.

tcturtleshell Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:00pm
post #39 of 41

sunlover00 is a dinosaur too icon_smile.gif Hey sunlover!! Gosh, there is still alot of us out there! icon_smile.gif

kitten5221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitten5221 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 11:54pm
post #40 of 41

This thread is a pretty old so I hope someone still sees it!  I tried the link to the Buttercream Dream recipe and the page is not longer available.  Does anyone still have the recipe and are willing to share?

Thanks!!

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 12:50am
post #41 of 41

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%