Budwieser Cake, Bottle Neck? Please Help!

Decorating By ilovelaina Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 2:23am by ilovelaina

ilovelaina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovelaina Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:04am
post #1 of 6

i'm making a budwieser cake for my friend's 21st bday on friday. i want to make the bottle and i'm gonna use 6in rounds cut in half (small group) but i was wondering how to make the neck of the bottle. Please Help im making the cake tomorrow! thanx! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #2 of 6

bake even smaller rounds in a clean soup can and cut in half

or bake a small sheet cake and use a biscuit cutter to get circles that you can cut in half.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:22am
post #3 of 6

are you making a 3-d bottle that is laying flat? if so, you don't need to do 6" circles cut in half. just do a sheet cake - 2 layers, I'd think. Carve the bottle from that. I think it would hold together better. I could be mis-interpreting what you are trying to do though. just my 2 cents.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:38am
post #4 of 6

is this what you are trying to do?

split 6 inch rounds will be very fast, no carving. may want to add a dowel horizontally to help stablize. glue altogether w/ BC and I'd do fondant for extra smooth finish and even more support.
LL

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:49am
post #5 of 6

That's the image i had in my head too, Doug. i was just thinking that carving the thing in one go out of a sheet cake would be more stable. But I think either method would work well.

ilovelaina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovelaina Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:23am
post #6 of 6

thanx for the help you guys, i really appreciate it!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%