How Did You Find Cake Central?

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 12 Sep 2007 , 10:00pm by soozun

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 66

I was just putzing around a few months back and saw that this sight was out of "Seattle, Wa" so I decided to check it out......and VIOLA here I am six months later addicted as all get out!!!!

I love everything about this site and there so many new wonderful people joining everyday that I figured I would ask how everyone found Cake Central!!!

Amy

65 replies
tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 66

Hi Amy,
my Friend Turtleshell told me all about it...and like the rest of you am Totally addicted

amegamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amegamom Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 66

My friend Tammy (or tcrema) was telling me all these new techniques she was doing and that she got them off of cakecental.com. She kept telling me I need to check it out. I checked it out and am definitely hooked to it. Everyone is great on here!!!! thumbs_up.gif

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 66

I just happenend to stumble on this site and love it![/i]

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 66

I was spending time on the Wilton website, and saw lots of references to Cake Central. On Wilton every message and photo needs to be approved before it's posted on the website - often takes 24-48 hours so there's no "instant gratification" the way there is on Cake Central.

I think this site works amazingly well, particularly since - if I understand this correctly - it's something Jackie put together more as a hobby or sideline. There's no "Company" behind this, just community. (I hope I have this right.)

There is so much help, good ideas and good info here. Thanks to all of you for your advice and encouragement, and thanks to Jackie for creating a home for us!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 66

I was looking for baby shower cake ideas
and came across this site.Now i'm hooked
thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 66

I was googling for cake inspiration...found it!

kakesbyrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbyrobin Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 7:00pm
post #8 of 66

I found it through the wilton forums as well,and I like it way better!

Most times my questions are answered even before I ask them. thumbs_up.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 7:50pm
post #9 of 66

Same here, I found it through advice from another cake decorator on the Wilton web site, and like others have stated already is that you get almost instant feedback and answers. icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 2:26am
post #10 of 66

From the Wilton Forum. Tee totally addicted to CC now. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I love the immediate posting.

S_S_SweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S_S_SweetTooth Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 2:30am
post #11 of 66

I just happenend to stumble on this site and love it icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

24katina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
24katina Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 2:34am
post #12 of 66

i got here through a link in a cake decorating group on livejournal...and i love this place!!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:46pm
post #13 of 66

My DH enrolled me in Wilton classes as an Easter present. When he discovered how much I was enjoying the classes he found this site for me. I have minimal computer knowledge and am forever gratful to him for both the classes and finding this site..I love it. I have learned more here than I ever could have from my instructor (I have gently mentioned this site in class) icon_rolleyes.gif
You are all so inviting and helpful. With my limited knowledge, the instant feedback is so wonderful, and I never feel imtimidated. I love just absorbing all of your ideas.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:51pm
post #14 of 66

I found it through Wilton forums, also. Love it here!!

Lisa

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:53pm
post #15 of 66

THE WILTON CAKE SITE IS HOW I FOUND MY NEW HOME. I DON'T EVEN GO TO WILTON ANYMORE.

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 7:12pm
post #16 of 66

I found out about this place through the Wilton forum....and I love it here so much that I rarely visit the Wilton Boards any more!

ang_ag82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ag82 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 7:41pm
post #17 of 66

I discovered this site by searching the net for cake decorating ideas. There is so much information and new tips for cake decorators. But most of all there is alot of inspiration on this site. icon_smile.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 7:42pm
post #18 of 66

Same with me Lisa... I was just poking around on the internet looking for ideas and how others did cakes that I was thinking of making ... then I found this website... been addicted every since icon_biggrin.gif

ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 7:48pm
post #19 of 66

I found out about this GREAT site from my cake decorating class instuctor who was always talking about this site. So here I am addicted as well...thanks Ivy..

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 7:52pm
post #20 of 66

I was looking for a recipe and something directed me here and I am glad...I have learned more here than most classes would have taught me.

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 8:35pm
post #21 of 66

I found out about it from a link to a picture in Live Journal. Now i'm addicted, but it makes me kinda sad becuase my apartment is really hot due to this heat wave, so i can't turn my oven on to bake (and i have the worlds smallest oven w/ only one rack so it takes forever to bake anything). and i want to bake!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 8:37pm
post #22 of 66

A good internet friend of mine joined here...then she told me about it .....and I was here to join in a flash....lol...
I just love this place..
cakegal

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 8:48pm
post #23 of 66

Someone had linked a picture on the Wilton Forums. and I am so glad I found this place... I think this website, the look, the setup, the ease of use, the people.. everything is fantastic!!!!!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

ump107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ump107 Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:31am
post #24 of 66

I found a link to this site on the Wilton forum. Now I visit just about every day to see different ideas and techniques.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:38pm
post #25 of 66

I also found CC through the Wilton site. I can't tell when the last time was that I even went on Wilton. But I can't stay off of CC.

Cecilia

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 10:53pm
post #26 of 66

I found this site after doing a search for grooms cakes... it was on a page of links...I was going to each one starting with Z !!!! When I got to this site I stopped and I've been here ever since!

Annalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalisa Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 11:08pm
post #27 of 66

I was searching the net for cake decorating ideas and came across this site, the best thing I have discovered in a long time

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:40am
post #28 of 66

I was also searching for pictures of cakes when I found CC! I have gotten several friends addicted to CC too! Most important I have found a bunch of new friends through CC. I learn so much everyday!! I think that's why we're all addicted to CC, well one of the reasons is because we are learning but the other is from getting to know a bunch of great & talented people!!! And of course because everyone is so friendly!!!

Everyone keep up the wonderful work!!!!!!

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:04am
post #29 of 66

i found this site by doing a search on cake decorating and i am addicted to it as well as all of you... i have learned alot in here in the last 6 mths or so.... i am definatly very GLAD i found it that day icon_lol.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:58pm
post #30 of 66

I was doing a recipe search and lucked on to the site..

Debbi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%