Bakery Job!

Business By jayhawk Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 1:37pm by jayhawk

jayhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayhawk Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I haven't posted much on here at all, I've been mostly a lurker for the last year, but I had to share my news with "cake people." I just started a new job at a bakery in the cake decorating department! My feet are killing me but it's been so much fun. I was really scared at first to even go for a job like this b/c it's completely different than jobs I've had in the past. But I'm liking it so much better than sitting in a cubicle all day! Today I decorated cupcakes with clown faces and I was really proud of myself. The only scary thing is that two people who've worked there for a long time are kind of burnt out on it and don't like to bake/decorate at home -- which is what I'd like to do someday. Hopefully I will still love it 5 years from now -- keep your fingers crossed for me! Anyway, I'm pretty excited and I knew you'd all "get it."

icon_smile.gif Mel

4 replies
jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 5

WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I actually know how exciting that can be! I was in the same situation a while ago! A bakery job is so much more fun than these darn office jobs (which, unfortunately, I'm back at)...

If it's your passion you won't get burnt out! Learn all you can while you are there!

GOOD LUCK!

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 5

10 years later, I'm still a glutton for punishment!!! We had 78 orders for today (2.5 decoraters)
We have 55 for tomorrow (2 decoraters)
and during the week, the challenge is filling and making back-up. BUT, I really enjoy the challenge of getting those orders done!

At home, i'm a CC lurker/regular and i'm always thinking and reading about cakes.... Last week it was a wedding cake gift for a friend and then it was a gift to my sister for getting me back into my house One way or another, I seem to see cake everywhere I turn!

Congrats! and just give it your best!

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #4 of 5

congrats to you

jayhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayhawk Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much! Well, my first week is finished! It was hectic, but I still want to go back -- so I guess that's a good sign. There were so many orders by Friday they finally had to stop taking orders for Saturday. Thanks for all your good wishes -- I'll keep posting my progress.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%