How Do I Get This Pink Color?

Decorating By ebrookem Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 8:23pm by ebrookem

ebrookem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebrookem Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 8

i'm trying to tint MMF to be the dark pink on the bottom layer seen here: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=65016

I have the rose pink wilton gel, but i'm not getting the same result. should i mix another color in? Any tips?

Thanks!

Brooke

7 replies
ccsweetness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccsweetness Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 8

If you look at the comments under the pic, "mrskennyprice" asked the same question. The designer said she used Americolor fushia.

?? Or you could PM the designer ??

Hope I could help! I know, it is such a pretty pink! icon_smile.gif

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 8

Maybe a bit muted pink is it on the cake? I am not sure, i also have the Rose pink of Wilton... for muted pink, you could add a bit of brown.

Good luck!

Lara

ebrookem Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks, i did PM her, and she replied! I don't know of any Americolor carriers around here, and I need this for Saturday. I'll see if I can find a dark pink or fuschia wilton color.

TheCookieCuttery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCookieCuttery Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 8

Try a mix of Wilton Rose Pink and Petal Pink.

sjlarby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlarby Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 8

I totally feel your pain. Pink is the bain of my existance. I emailed Rebecca Sutterby of Sugar Creations once on this cake trying to get the darker pink color and she told me the use Americolor fushia and electric pink and lots of it. All I came out with was something that looked like this yucky purple/pink Barney colored lump of fondant.

I will say I have had a tiny bit more luck using the Wilton Rose color, although I end up using lots of it. Try that!
LL

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 8

I've seen the Wilton Aster Mauve at Walmart, in their 4-pack 'Pastels' collection. I think that's the color you are looking for. You will still need a fair amount to get it dark, just remember that it will darken more one dry on the cake.

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

ebrookem Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 8

will the wilton rose leave a funny taste like lots of red will?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%