Ny Cake Club?!

Decorating By qtdbklyn Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 4:56pm by ZAKIA6

qtdbklyn Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 17

I just noticed postings about cake clubs - what are they and are there any in the NYC area?? I am pretty new at cake decorating and I would love to meet others in my area who share this passion for desserts!!

16 replies
babygreen Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 17

I don't know of any but if you find out any information, I'd love to know.

qtdbklyn Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 17

Where do you live? I am in Staten Island.

babygreen Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 17

i'm in westchester...a bit far from staten island but a city location would be great.

mykidsarekillingme Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #5 of 17

I would love to know of any clubs in New York. I'm on Long Island!

qtdbklyn Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 17

I left another posting recently just to meet all of the NY cake decorators and got a pretty good response. We are trying to set up a day to all meet in Manhattan - possiblly in October or November. Once we decide on a set date, we will be sure to post it on the forums. It would be nice to meet others to share tips, pictures and recipes. icon_biggrin.gif

gabesmom Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 17

Hi,

I'm in Staten Island too and cakes are my passion.

moralna Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 17

I would also love to join and meet up with other CC members - perhaps share ideas, secrets, etc. Would be fun and informative.

beachcakes Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 6:05pm
post #9 of 17

Sounds like fun! I'm out on LI too, but NYC is too far icon_sad.gif

sweetsuccess Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:41am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabesmom

Hi,

I'm in Staten Island too and cakes are my passion.

Hey Gabesmom,

I'm from Staten Island also. Are you on the North Shore or South Shore??....ktdbklyn, I'm interested! Can't wait for the post!!! I don't think that there is a cake club in NYC. Hope the place finally selected is in Manhattan.

qtdbklyn Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:59pm
post #11 of 17

Whoo hooo, 3 Staten Islanders...maybe we can start a small group out here?

vixterfsu Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 17

Count me in on this meeting. Let's all get together
in the city as a central place. Might have a spot
to donate to meet.
Let's all get together and share and drink maybe?
v

gabesmom Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 1:07pm
post #13 of 17

[Hey Gabesmom,

I'm from Staten Island also. Are you on the North Shore or South Shore??....ktdbklyn, I'm interested! Can't wait for the post!!! I don't think that there is a cake club in NYC. Hope the place finally selected is in Manhattan.]

I'm in tottenville. Great cakes by the way!!! I just bought a book on how to make flowers only, it seems pretty intense, but I am willing to learn.

Hope to hear from you[/quote]

vixterfsu Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 1:56pm
post #14 of 17

Can contribute by teaching the sugar rose at a meeting as well as the leaves and other flowers.
Let's try something quick. It should be fun!

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 9:55pm
post #15 of 17

Actually, it was I who invited NY cake decorators to meet. In a previous post, I said that I can get up to 19 people into Hard Rock Cafe with me, on my All-Access card. I asked for PM's to be sent to me if interested, but I only received 5 replies.

So, ok, whoever else wants to meet up at the Hard Rock, at 43rd and Broadway, on October 28, around 1 PM, send me a Private Message so I can put you on the list.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

claygirl Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 4:47pm
post #16 of 17

hi i also live on long island ny. in center moriches. just started in cake decorating and i love it. i to would some day do it from home. i was told i have the talent. i'm a ceramic insructure and dog grooming stylist. i would love to talk to you and learn, because i think your fantastic. please feel free to contact me.

ZAKIA6 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 4:56pm
post #17 of 17

here are the links to the ny and nj cake clubs i belong to

www.meetup.com/new-york-city-cake-decorators/
http://www.meetup.com/njcakedecoratorsclub/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%