My First Order!!!

Business By qtdbklyn Updated 8 Aug 2006 , 2:13pm by qtdbklyn

qtdbklyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtdbklyn Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 4

I just wanted to share with everyone that I just got my first real cake order. I have completed Wilton Course 1 & 2 (I am taking 3 next month) and I have been just making cakes for friends and family. I have a full time job in NYC and really just started doing this as a hobby, but who knows, once I start a family this might be something I can pay bills with?!

Anyway, a friend of a friend who tasted and saw a cake I made asked if I could do her sons christening cake in 3 weeks. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I have been scanning all of the gorgeous pictures posted on this site and will be practicing different techniques.

I just really wanted to share my good news and also thank everyone for their great tips, pictures & ideas. It has built my confidence and it also helps knowing that I have a community of very talented bakers to turn to in a time of need.

Thanks everyone and thanks cakecentral.com !!

Wish me luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 4

CONGRATS!!! And I know they will be satisfied with what ever you come up with.. Heres a thought.. Find a dollar store and find one of those clear crosses.. Made of plastic or glass.. and just add that to the top of your cake.. I think with a couple of blue roses or blue ribbon around the cake will make it look nice.. Good Luck!

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 4

Good Luck and you will do a wonderful job I'm sure! We have all been there and done that! Much Encouragement!
Midge

qtdbklyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtdbklyn Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 4

I already have the cross pan, so I figured I could use that and put it on top of a large sheet cake...i just need to buy a big sheet pan - What size sheet cake do you think I will need for 50 - 60 people??

Now its just deciding on the decorating.

I like the idea of getting 'chotckies' from dollar stores - thanks!! I dont expect to really make a profit on this, but its good exposure so I want to do a great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%