Course 3, 1St Cake-Fun!

Decorating By momsandraven Updated 11 Jun 2005 , 2:14pm by She

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 3:52am
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone!
Tonight was my 2nd week of Wilton Course 3, and my first real experience with fondant. Well, I tried some fondant on a red hat cake a while back, but this time was MUCH better! I made a cake using strawberry yogurt 'drink' instead of water, and put BC and fresh strawberries in the center.
Here's the finished product:
LL

9 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 3:59am
post #2 of 10

That turned out really nice. You did a great job on the bow and curlys.

C

KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 4:04am
post #3 of 10

I really like the cake. I took the old Course III class. But, I am contemplating taking the new one just for the experience with fondant bows and roses.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 10

..hey, that looks terrific! You really did a great job! thumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 10

looks really nice icon_smile.gif good job ... the course 3 is really a fun course to do... I wish they'd offer more types of courses here where I live... all they have are courses 1, 2, 3.. nothing else.. I really wish they'd do a class with gumpaste or fondant flowers, etc....

keep up the good work!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks everyone, for your comments. ntertayneme, I agree! The Michaels here only offers courses 1,2,3. I asked the instructor, and she said that they used to be required to teach an extra class each month on another more advanced subject, but not any more. That's a bummer!

Esther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Esther Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 10

that cake is awsome. i hope that hobby lobby here in killeen offers cake decoration classes soon. I really want to get serious in that business icon_smile.gif

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 10

Your cake is beautiful! There's a cake supply store near me that offers a course 4. It's an advanced wedding cake course!

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 2:13pm
post #9 of 10

Wilton only has the course 1, 2, 3. There are special classes that the instructors can offer. Cookies bouquet, haunted house, candy, etc...but...none of them are on the gum paste flowers. I would like to take one, too.

I want to know if gum paste is like working with fondant or if it's completely different. icon_razz.gif I will probably end up teaching myself.

If you Hobby Lobby doens't offer a Wilton class you can inquire about it. Basically, they have to have an instructor to have the class so....you could go to another Hobby Lobby take the three courses and then teach them yourself where you live. thumbs_up.gif

This site is great as everyone has lot's of helpful tips and pointers. I've learned a lot here as well.

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 2:14pm
post #10 of 10

alrighty...so I can't type this morning. Hope ya get what I was trying to say. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%