Help Me Please....what Would You Charge???

Business By danette62602 Updated 7 Aug 2006 , 1:00pm by shortstack

danette62602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danette62602 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #1 of 9

I need help pricing!! What would you charge.....to feed 90 to 100

14" bottom - orange with cream cheese
10" middle - french vanilla, reasberry filling with cream cheese
6" top - orange with cream cheese

I will be making about 100 to 150 royal icing daisies to go on it

I was going to charge a $20.00 delivery fee (It's not far)

The bride is also going ton order some of my decorated sugar cookies....I am supposed to give her a price on those as well....wedding cake shaped cookie - bagged with ribbon - $2.00 each??? (they are in my pics)

Help me please...I really want to get this right!!!!

8 replies
jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:51am
post #2 of 9

For the cookies, I charge between $3.00 and $4.00(if they order a 'ton' I give them a bit of a break on the pricing). As for the cake I would charge around $350 depending on the detail!
HTH
Oh and...that should feed more than 90-100 guests!

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:59am
post #3 of 9

I agree with jdogga. I'd say it would serve ~125.
I would charge at least $2 to decorate the cookies and $1 or more to bag them. If you are tying bows to attach to the bags...it's a pain. You might consider metallic twist ties.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:05am
post #4 of 9

I would say a minimum of 250 per slice and the delivery/setup fee. Plus the charge for the cookies....those are a lot of work!

Your photo's are great! What is the "no fail cookie "recipe? You are really talented... thumbs_up.gif

danette62602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danette62602 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 9

Just bumping this up this morning...!!!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 9

Don't know about the cake, but your cookies are beautiful! Just attended my friends daughters wedding and her cookies didn't even have HALF the decorations or beauty your cookies do, and she paid $6.00 each for 250 cookies! Don't undersell yourself. You do beautiful work!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 9

$6 each?? WOW-I can't even imagine.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 12:56pm
post #8 of 9

I think at least 2$ per cookie - that's about what I charge for mine when I bag and tie them individually, but I am on the low end of pricing - they often go for 5$ each. As for the cake, I think you're getting the right prices from others - I would charge at least 2$ a slice, for the base price, then add more to the price for the flowers.

shortstack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortstack Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 9

$350 sounds very fair your giving them a cake they couldn't find just anywhere! As for the delivery fee I charge $50 it's very stressful to deliver a cake that you spent lots of time on and you worry about it not getting there just as it left your kitchen! For your cookies they are so cute with the bag and bow I think 5.00 at least they charge up to $7 hear in Cleveland and they just wrap them in plastic wrap your going two more steps with the bag and bow! Just remmeber your time is worth something don't under sell!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%