Decorating By ladyday95 Updated 28 May 2009 , 9:43pm by korkyo

fittro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fittro Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:01am
post #121 of 205

I would love to join this group I live in Springfield just et me know. Stacy

Rooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rooh Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:16pm
post #122 of 205

This is what the member count is by area.

Shayanne - did you want to be added to the list? If so, what area do you want to be added to?

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area -         5  Total
    STL Area -         14  Total
    Springfield Area -         9  Total
    KC Area -         10  Total
    Unknown Area -         0  Total

Grand Total        38

Shayanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shayanne Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 2:20am
post #123 of 205

Please count me in! I am in the Mid-Mo area (Jefferson City). THANK YOU!

countrygal7782 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal7782 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:16am
post #124 of 205

Hey all,
I'm new to Cake Central and would love to be a part of this group. I live in Marshall, MO which is about evenly split between Kansas City and Jeff City, both about an hour or so away. I am just north of Sedalia by about 30min. I dont really know which group I fit best in, but I would prefer to travel to Jeff City rather than Kansas City, if possable. I use to live in Jeff City a few years ago and know the layout better than KC.
I think this is a great idea, and would love to find out more about it.

Thanks,
Amanda

Rooh Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 2:45pm
post #125 of 205

I have added you both to the list.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 3:20pm
post #126 of 205

So did any of you St. Louis cakers make it to the Sugar Art Guild meeting last week?

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 2:29am
post #127 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

Did anyone from the St. Louis area make it to the Sugar Arts Guild meeting last night? I wanted to go but had babysitting issues . . . that is, I couldn't get one! My hubby is out of town and I had my sister-in-law lined up to come watch the boys. Then, she gets World Series tickets (from my hubby who couldn't go because he was out of town) so I lost her as a sitter! Can anyone fill me in on how the meeting was and if a group of Cake Central people were able to meet up?

Thanks!
Carol

I went....sorry it's taken so long to follow up. I meant to post the meeting here before it was...but I didn't get to do it.

The meeting was OK - it was so very crowded though. The guest speaker was good - she showed everyone how to make topsy turvy cakes - 3 different techniques. But as I said - the room was packed and it was hard to see....but good overall. I wrote down when the next meeting would be - but I can't find that piece of paper right now....when I find it I will post so you all that are "close" can make it. There were also some announcemnts made about the MO chapter of ICES...I'll post that too.

ckkerber Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 4:57am
post #128 of 205

Thanks for the update. I was so sorry to miss it. I planned WAY ahead . . . unfortunately, the Cardinals didn't plan way ahead and their wins rained on my parade. Oh well. i guess I can forgive them.

I'd really like the St. Louis group to try to meet outside of the Sugar Arts Guild . . . I think based on how crowded you said it was, it's probably not that conducive to chatting and getting to know each other. I'd love to have gatherings that are more informal and feel more like friends getting together to talk about common interests rather than a meeting format where minutes are taken. I still like the idea of doing demonstrations and sharing our strengths with each other, but would love to do that in a format where we can sit around and talk about it as it's being presented so that all of our questions get answered. Any one else have any thoughts? I'm game for whenever . . . if it's easier for most to wait until after the holidays, that works for me. I mentioned in an earlier post that come spring, I'll have a facility that will be big enough for our group to meet.

Let's put a plan in place so that we make sure it happens!

SLK, I can't wait to hear the info. regarding the next meeting and the ICES info. I am so excited about the workshop they're putting on in the spring!

Carol

ckkerber Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:57am
post #129 of 205

For all of the St. Louis bakers . . . I read a post today from Cakemaster2000 who is looking for someone in St. Louis to bake a cake for one of her customer's mothers who lives here. Here is the link to the post so you can read it yourself. I only do cakes for friends / family, I don't sell any cakes yet so I am not in a position to help out but if anyone is looking for a new customer, reply to the post!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=478783#478783

bubblywhitewine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblywhitewine Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 3:18am
post #130 of 205

I'm new to CC so I would just be watching all the experts but it sounds like fun; count me in. thumbs_up.gif

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:13am
post #131 of 205

Count me in for K.C. I have a crazy busy schedule but as long as it's near K.C i'm in.

Andrea
www.kcclassiccakes.com

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 7:25pm
post #132 of 205

Andrea.... i love your website!!! It has actually been in my favorites for a while. You will have to show us how to make beautiful cakes like yours icon_biggrin.gif

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:53am
post #133 of 205

The cake club meetings aren't always that packed. The October meeting was an exception because of the demo - Topsy Turby Cakes. This demo was done by shop owner Pat Jacoby (Patty Cakes in IL).

The next meeting will be Jan. 23rd. Our member count at the Metro. Sugar Art Guild is over 60+ members, however attendance is usually 20-30 people at a meeting.

It is $5 to join for one year and $5 a meeting. If you aren't a memeber it is $7.50 a meeting. We meet four times a year for two hours. We do open with topics at hand which cover the minutes from the last meeting and upcomming events - LIKE!!! Our 2007 APRIL MO WEEKEND OF SHARING!!!!
Then we break for snack - always themed and very yummy. THEN we have a DEMO! And the meeting is over. You can get more details at our Club Web Site at

www.sugarartguild.com

Sorry to ramble.

But the Club is AWESOME!!! Just wanted to Share!!!

NEXT MEETING: Tuesday January 23, 2007 @ 7:00 pm

940 West Port Plaza Drive (63146)

Demonstration: Figure Modeling with Fondant by Deb Hennen

ckkerber Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 4:08am
post #134 of 205

Oh! Deb was my Wilton instructor . . . she's good! I'll have to be sure to make that meeting. I missed the October one (conflicts with babysitter and that whole World Series thing) but I did go to the one that demonstrated chocolate transfers. It was fun!

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:25am
post #135 of 205

I'm a newbie and live in Rolla, MO

Rooh Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 2:21pm
post #136 of 205

Let me start off by wishing you all Happy New Year. I hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday season. I know I have been very busy that last couple of months and haven't had much of a chance to be on cc lately.

I am posting an updated member list, if I have missed anyone, let me know. Now that we all have the holidays behind us.... do we want to try to schedule our first meeting(s)???????

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area -         7  Total

1  icon_wink.gif  ladyday95 - Versailles Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
2  icon_wink.gif  Sweetoccasions - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
3  icon_wink.gif  ElegantEvents - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
4  icon_wink.gif  msmeg Holts Summit - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
5  icon_wink.gif  camouflagegirl Sedalia - Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
6  icon_wink.gif  Shayanne - - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      
7  icon_wink.gif  countrygal7782 - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area      

STL Area -     15  Total    

1  icon_wink.gif  SLK - O'Fallon STL Area       
2  icon_wink.gif  ckkerber - Ballwin STL Area      
3  icon_wink.gif  jennianne - Manchester STL Area      
4  icon_wink.gif  mimi4gsus - Marthasville STL Area    
5  icon_wink.gif  jmac3333 - Wentzville STL Area    
6  icon_wink.gif  ELU267 - Fenton STL Area    
7  icon_wink.gif  Rooh - O'Fallon STL Area    
8  icon_wink.gif  MsRhonda Arcadia - STL Area    
9  icon_wink.gif  Papergirl Sikeston - STL Area    
10  icon_wink.gif  MaryD St. James - STL Area    
11  icon_wink.gif  TheKookieWench Cape Girardeau STL Area    
12  icon_wink.gif  Tim-n-SEMO Ironton/Arcadia STL Area    
13  icon_wink.gif  stlalohagal Arnold/Fenton STL Area    
14  icon_wink.gif  lu9129 - Brentwood STL Area    
15  icon_wink.gif  lmevans - Rolla - STL Area    

Springfield Area -      9  Total        
1  icon_wink.gif  lionladydi - Willow Springs - Springfield area   
2  icon_wink.gif  jenncowin - Springfield - Springfield area  
3  icon_wink.gif  Lilsomethinsweet - Phillipsburg - Springfield area  
4  icon_wink.gif  butterflyjuju - Carthage - Springfield area   
5  icon_wink.gif  Fronklowes - Joplin - Springfield area   
6  icon_wink.gif  Sugarbaker West Plains - Springfield area  
7  icon_wink.gif  Mistryunique - Willow Springs - Springfield area  
8  icon_wink.gif  Parrettfive St. James Springfield Area  
9  icon_wink.gif  fittro - Springfield - Springfield area  

KC Area -     12  Total      
1  icon_wink.gif  CharlieinMO - Adrian - KC Area   
2  icon_wink.gif  korkyo - Belton KC Area  
3  icon_wink.gif  MommyEdzards - Kansas city - KC Area  
4  icon_wink.gif  luv2cake - Kansas city - KC Area          
5  icon_wink.gif  kellyh57 Liberty KC Area          
6  icon_wink.gif  mkerton - Kansas CityNorth KC Area          
7  icon_wink.gif  born2bake4u - Grain valley - KC Area          
8  icon_wink.gif  Lisacakes - ? - KC Area           
9  icon_wink.gif  ladybug03 Raymore - KC Area          
10  icon_wink.gif  mmunzmarie - Kansas city - KC Area          
11  icon_wink.gif  bubblywhitewine - Kansas city - KC Area          
12  icon_wink.gif  andrea7 - Kansas city - KC Area          

Unknown Area -       0  Total      

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area -         7  Total
    STL Area -         15  Total
    Springfield Area -         9  Total
    KC Area -         12  Total
    Unknown Area -         0  Total

Grand Total        43

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 7:14pm
post #137 of 205

Rooh,

Just wanted to say a note of thanks for doing all the totals and grouping everyone by area. It's a lot of work and it's well appreciated I know by all of us. I've got one name to add to your STL group - CindyM in Des Peres We've PM back and forth and I'm sure she'd be interested too. I'll send here a link to this thread as I'm not sure I saw her post directly. Anyway, where do we want to go from here?

Thanks!

- Paula

Rooh Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm
post #138 of 205

Paula -

Thanks for the update, I have added CindyM. Keeping up with the members isn't too hard. I seem to have a system down for it now, but thanks for the kudos anyway.

And to answer where we want to go from here.... ladies and gents, the floor is yours. Where do we go from here? Have any of the groups gotten together yet?

Rooh Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:05pm
post #139 of 205

deleting duplicate post.... Seems to be a bug in the system today, got an error msg so I hit post again...

FoodGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FoodGirl Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 1:32pm
post #140 of 205

HEy I love the idea!!!! I live in Jackson MO. I am 2 hours away for St. Louis. I have very few thing like this in my area and it would be a great!
Thanks for doing this,
Columbia Sternickle

FoodGirl Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 1:32pm
post #141 of 205

HEy I love the idea!!!! I live in Jackson MO. I am 2 hours away for St. Louis. I have very few thing like this in my area and it would be a great!
Thanks for doing this,
Columbia Sternickle

FoodGirl Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 1:33pm
post #142 of 205

Thanks for doing this,
Columbia Sternickle

tammik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammik Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #143 of 205

I just ran on to this Missouri thing going on. I live in Belle which is about 30 minutes from Rolla, 45 minutes from Jefferson City in opposite directions. I would love to hear from some people in Mid Missouri. I'm pretty new to CC as well but sure do love the site! I've got some great ideas and recipes from these wonderful people.

Tammi

ablksapphire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ablksapphire Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 7:12pm
post #144 of 205

This is pretty awesome, Rooh, I'm in the St. Louis area and would really be interested in meeting some of you great folks!

CakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBaker Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 7:45pm
post #145 of 205

say, a lot of Missourians here! Do ya'll know about the Arkansas Cake show: http://www.cakesbysam.com/ark_cake_club.html

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 3:25pm
post #146 of 205

I'm new to CC...I live in Jefferson City and would be interested in meeting up with everyone! icon_smile.gif

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 3:30pm
post #147 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine93

I'm new to CC...I live in Jefferson City and would be interested in meeting up with everyone! icon_smile.gif

Hi Sunshine93, happy you found CC. There are a few of us close to JC. I live about 45 miles away.

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 1:24pm
post #148 of 205

Hi everyone in Missouri,
Now that the holidays are over and I hope most of the bad weather is also over any thoughts about getting a meeting started?? Has anyone had a meeting yet?? or has everyone lost interest?? Just wanted to bump this thread and see where everyone is...

Epi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Epi Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 1:30pm
post #149 of 205

Does anybody own a cake shop in your area? That would be a pefect place for you to meet at. I am sure any owner would make room for you to conduct your meetings. I wish you guys would start a club here in MI. I would make room for you all. icon_biggrin.gif

tammik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammik Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 1:47pm
post #150 of 205

It seems like there are alot of people that are around the Jefferson City area. I'm 45 minutes south of J.C. and 30 minutes north of Rolla. I would love to meet with some of the people here on CC. I would like to meet everyone and get some great ideas and information from all of you. Did the ball drop on the arranging of the club? Anyway, I live in Belle and would love to get together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%