Missouri Cake Club ??

Decorating By ladyday95 Updated 28 May 2009 , 9:43pm by korkyo

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:05pm
post #61 of 205

Sounds good. I don't really mind driving wherever is decided. I am used to driving to Indiana family so not a problem but whatever everyone decides.

born2bake4u!! I used to live in Grain Valley!! Small world!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:01pm
post #62 of 205

A couple of times a year, I will drive anywhere for a meeting of the MCCA (Missouri Cake Central Addicts) but on a monthly or bimonthly basis, I'd rather limit drive time to about 2 hours as that would be 4 hours of driving round trip.

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:23pm
post #63 of 205

ladyday I am also in central MO I am in Holts Summit just north of Jeff city I do know there is a group in Columbia you can get information at Pholmans in Columbia I do not belong because of the drive... no excuse I guess I am just tired by evenings.

where are you located?

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 8:19pm
post #64 of 205

msmeg - small world. I live across the river from Jeff, too. About 5 miles from the airport. Nice to know that there are other CC addicts so close.

sweetoccasions Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 8:21pm
post #65 of 205

msmeg- also, have you ever taken classes at Pholmans? I've checked out her website and looks very interesting. Thanks for the heads up on a local mid-mo club. I'll be sure to call them when life slows down a little. Yeah, right.

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 9:02pm
post #66 of 205

no but her work is fantastic I would love to take a class sometime maybe we could drive up together.

Rooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rooh Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 10:40am
post #67 of 205

Updated count is:

SUMMARY
Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - ( 4 Total)
STL Area - ( 7 Total)
Springfield Area - ( 7 Total)
KC Area - ( 7 Total)
Unknown Area - ( 0 Total)
Grand Total - ( 25 Total)

sugarbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbaker Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 6:25pm
post #68 of 205

I'm here, I'm here. I've been reading the posts just been busy with my classes (Wilton), getting ready for school to start and my DD's 9th B-day.

This all sounds good to me and I don't mind traveling to any location. Also if there is anything I can do to help w/ the planning let me know thumbs_up.gif

Is there a name for this club?? I have a friend who owns a printing company and was thinking T-shirts would be kinda neat...??....

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:18pm
post #69 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaker

I'm here, I'm here. I've been reading the posts just been busy with my classes (Wilton), getting ready for school to start and my DD's 9th B-day.

This all sounds good to me and I don't mind traveling to any location. Also if there is anything I can do to help w/ the planning let me know thumbs_up.gif

Is there a name for this club?? I have a friend who owns a printing company and was thinking T-shirts would be kinda neat...??....

Glad to know you are still alive. Was afraid you had drown in icing at your classes. Hope they are going good for you.

No names for the group as yet as far as I know. Maybe we should have some suggestions. How about something with "Show Me" in it for our state nickname?

Diane icon_biggrin.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:26pm
post #70 of 205

Could just be SHOW ME THE CAKE....kind of like Jerry Maguire movie

lionladydi Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:33pm
post #71 of 205

"Show Me" with a map of Missouri in the middle and "The Cake" underneath. Am I making any sense?

Diane

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:34pm
post #72 of 205

makes sense to me... I like it!

lilsomethinsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsomethinsweet Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:36pm
post #73 of 205

YOU HAVE MY VOTE! I LIKE IT TOO.

lionladydi Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 7:45pm
post #74 of 205

I guess there would have to be a cake in there somewhere. Maybe identify the 4 main cities (KC, STL, SPFD. and JC) with a small cake instead of a asterisk or star.

Again. Am I making any sense? I can visualize what I mean but explaining it is a different story. birthday.gif

Diane

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 9:40pm
post #75 of 205

Sugarbaker,

Where in MO are you located?

JuLinda

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 11:59pm
post #76 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

Could just be SHOW ME THE CAKE....kind of like Jerry Maguire movie

when we first started this thread that was exactly what I was thinking in my head...how funny!

sugarbaker Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:41am
post #77 of 205

butterflyjuju,

I'm in West Plains, just down the road from Diane, who is in Willow Springs.

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 4:22am
post #78 of 205

I would love to be a part of the cake club! What a great idea. I live about 90 minutes southeast of St. Louis so one in that area would be great for me. But, I also love to drive, so if there was one farther away, it would be no problem for me.

sweetoccasions Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 5:25am
post #79 of 205

Love the t-shirt idea. You've got my vote.
Vicky

sugarbaker Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 4:04am
post #80 of 205

As far as the T-shirts go, when we get it narrowed down to design, number of colors in the design, and color/style of T-shirt, I will get the info. to my friend and have her give me the price. I know if we have an order of 25 it is cheaper... and if I'm not mistaken we have almost, if not more than that number interested the the club.

Also if anyone is a graphic artist or has any background it will be cheaper if we produce our own art vs. having them make the design and produce the art. I happen to have worked for them as a freelance graphic "artist" using the term artist lightly, and when we get the concept hammered out I don't mind giving it a try but I would also encourage any and everyone interested to do the same, then we could vote on the final design.

Are we going to try a statewide meeting first or are we going to meet in our "divisions" ? I don't know about anyone else but I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

butterflyjuju Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 4:23am
post #81 of 205

Would they be t-shirts or could we have the option of long sleeve? I have arthritis and wear long sleeves nearly year round because any cold makes my arms hurt. Also aprons would be cool.

sugarbaker Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:09am
post #82 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyjuju

Would they be t-shirts or could we have the option of long sleeve? I have arthritis and wear long sleeves nearly year round because any cold makes my arms hurt. Also aprons would be cool.

Great ideas! I can get prices on just about anything printable, they primarily do shirts, hats things like that, but they can get about anything you can think of. I especially like the idea of aprons : )

butterflyjuju Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:41am
post #83 of 205

Get our hubby hats ... lol.

sugarbaker Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:48am
post #84 of 205

Hello...HelloHelloHello (echo), come out come out where ever you are...okay where did everyone go? detective.gif

lionladydi Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:53am
post #85 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaker

Hello...HelloHelloHello (echo), come out come out where ever you are...okay where did everyone go? detective.gif

Everyone must be busy getting kids off to school. Either that or they have so many cake orders they haven't had time to be on CC. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I bet everyone wishes that was so!

Diane

papergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
papergirl Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 4:33am
post #86 of 205

I'm a new member to Cake Central - but have been enjoying it for months now. I live in Sikeston (2 hrs south of st louis) and would love to get together with other decorators and learn some new ideas and techniques. I'll keep watching, but someone please email me when a palce/time is set in stone!

Rooh Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:38pm
post #87 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by papergirl

I'm a new member to Cake Central - but have been enjoying it for months now. I live in Sikeston (2 hrs south of st louis) and would love to get together with other decorators and learn some new ideas and techniques. I'll keep watching, but someone please email me when a palce/time is set in stone!

Hello Papergirl and welcome!!!! I am originally from the bootheel area. Dudley to be exact (born and raised) but have relocated to the St Louis area. Nice to see someone that close to "home". icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I will add you to our list... that is about as far as we have gotten... So you haven't missed much yet!

rooh

Rooh Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:45pm
post #88 of 205

Here is the latest list. If your name isn't on it and you would like to be added, let me know and what area you wanted to be added to.

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - ( 3 Total)
1. ladyday95 - Versailles Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area
2. Sweetoccasions - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area
3. ElegantEvents - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area
4. msmeg Holts Summit - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area

STL Area - ( 9 Total)
1. SLK - O'Fallon STL Area
2. ckkerber - Ballwin STL Area
3. jennianne - Manchester STL Area
4. mimi4gsus - Marthasville STL Area
5. jmac3333 - Wentzville STL Area
6. ELU267 - Fenton STL Area
7. Rooh - O'Fallon STL Area
8. MsRhonda Arcadia - STL Area
9. Papergirl Sikeston - STL Area

1. lionladydi - Willow Springs - Springfield area
2. jenncowin - Springfield - Springfield area
3. Lilsomethinsweet - Phillipsburg - Springfield area
4. butterflyjuju - Carthage - Springfield area
5. Fronklowes - Joplin - Springfield area
6. Sugarbaker West Plains - Springfield area
7. Mistryunique - Willow Springs - Springfield area

KC Area - ( 7 Total)
1.  CharlieinMO - Adrian - KC Area
2.  korkyo - Belton KC Area
3.  MommyEdzards - Kansas city - KC Area
4.  luv2cake - Kansas city - KC Area
5.  kellyh57 Liberty KC Area
6.  mkerton - Kansas CityNorth KC Area
7.  born2bake4u - Grain valley - KC Area

SUMMARY
Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - ( 4 Total)
STL Area - ( 9 Total)
KC Area - ( 7 Total)

Grand Total - ( 27 Total)

MaryD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryD Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:49pm
post #89 of 205

I am in St James. Add me to central Missouri.

papergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
papergirl Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 4:30pm
post #90 of 205

I'm there! Thanks-rooh icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%