Missouri Cake Club ??

Decorating By ladyday95 Updated 28 May 2009 , 9:43pm by korkyo

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:48pm
post #31 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennianne

CKKERBER:

I am in Manchester! What part of Ballwin?

Do you know where St. Paul Rd. is? Essentially, I'm about three + miles from Clarkson / Manchester. Where in Manchester are you?

ELU267 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ELU267 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:58pm
post #32 of 205

I'm in Fenton, MO and would love to meet up! I work on Manchester/270 so I'm close to a couple of you!

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:28pm
post #33 of 205

fronklowes - you are correct. There is a cake club in the St. Louis area. It's called the Sugar Art Guild. Several of the cc members in this conversation are members (most are new members). If anyone in the area is interested you can visit their web site at www.sugarartguild.com. They meet quarterly, the next meeting is in October.

I agree that if some will be driving a long time, we should make the meeting more than just an hour or two long - but going over 4/5 hours might be to much for some. I would probably plan to drive to and from the same day....but others may take a different approach and I'm sure that any location we choose would have family friendly things to do.

I do like the idea of more than just one demo - but not to many as it might be overwhelming - 2 or 3 short ones maybe. I've heard from those who returned from convention that they had brain overload...we don't want to do that .... lol.

I think the most important part right now is to find a location that most can agree on that is "worth" the drive.

mimi4gsus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4gsus Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:37pm
post #34 of 205

SLK

I live in Marthasville. Its an itty bitty town but I work in Warrenton.

jmac3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmac3333 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:07am
post #35 of 205

I wanted to share a few thoughts about a MO Cake Club. First of all, I'm very excited about the idea!
Realistically, I don't see myself driving more than an hour to get there. Missouri is a fairly large state. From northern to southern borders, maybe a 7 or 8 hour drive? I'm just guessing here, I'm not exactly sure. And east to west maybe 4 hours? I live near St. Louis and I'd be willing to drive to Columbia or Jeff City, but not much further than that just for a day. I was thinking that maybe we could split the state into halves or even quarters, however it works out best. Then people could choose the closest place for them. I'd like everyone to have an opportunity to go to meetings and I think some might not be able to travel far due to family needs, the cost of gas, time constraints, etc... Maybe once a year or so we could all meet in a central place for a big bash, otherwise, closer to home for regular meetings.
If everyone who is interested would like to send me a private message and let me know where they live in MO, I'd be happy to come up with a count of who lives where just so we know what we're dealing with.
I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about this. It seems like a good place to start. I'll post again on Sunday to let you know what I find out about our respective locations.
Thanks!
Jennifer

jmac3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmac3333 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:47am
post #36 of 205

Anyone else still interested?

Rooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 12:31pm
post #37 of 205

I am a newbie to CC and to cake decorating. When I saw this thread about a cake club for MO... I was like wooooohoooooo. I think it is a great idea and would like to be added to the growing list. I live in the St. Louis area (Ofallon, MO). At this point in my experience, I would not have anything to teach because I am too new. I am going to also check out the local club that SLK mentioned.

As far as traveling the whole state, I don't think I have an issue with that. MO is a rather larger state and there are so many places to see and learn about. This, IMHO, would give us all an opportunity to see more of the state that some of us would never see if we didn't have a reason to venture in that area. It is a beautiful state with wonderful friendly, talented people, so I say "SHOW-ME"!

Rooh

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:14pm
post #38 of 205

I just complied a quick list of people responding to this thread as of my previous posting. I tried to arrange them by area and just grabbed hi-lites from some the postings.

Rooh

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:29pm
post #39 of 205

Having trouble attaching file - any idea why? Clicking "Add an Attachment", Clicking "browse". finding file, then clicking "Add Attachment" - I have tried preview and submit and get this error msg "The Extension doc is not allowed" it is a word document

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:59pm
post #40 of 205

I couldn't get the attachment to work... so I just put it in this post. Like I said before, these were just a compliation of the hi-lites and ideas from previous posts.

Lake Ozarks Area
ladyday95 - Versailles Lake Ozarks Area
* good at organizing

STL Area
SLK - O'Fallon STL Area
* have a community center with a kitchen
* In the cake club I just joined, the domonstrations are from regular members that are good at something
* suggest we start small...like once or twice a year
* how else could we promote this in the cake loving world of MO
* any way to spread the word in your areas? Mom's, sisters, daughters...and let's not forget the boys
* There is a cake club in the St. Louis area - www.sugarartguild.com They meet quarterly, the next meeting is in October
* we should make the meeting more than just an hour or two long - but going over 4/5 hours might be to much for some
* I do like the idea of more than just one demo - but not to many as it might be overwhelming - 2 or 3 short ones maybe. I've heard from those who returned from convention that they had brain overload...
* I think the most important part right now is to find a location that most can agree on that is "worth" the drive.

ckkerber - Ballwin STL Area

jennianne - Manchester STL Area
* ·I would be in if we St. Louis/St. Charles girls can go together

mimi4gsus - Marthasville STL Area

jmac3333 - Wentzville STL Area
* Realistically, I don't see myself driving more than an hour to get there. Missouri is a fairly large state. From northern to southern borders, maybe a 7 or 8 hour drive? I'm just guessing here, I'm not exactly sure. And east to west maybe 4 hours?
* was thinking that maybe we could split the state into halves or even quarters, however it works out best
* like everyone to have an opportunity to go to meetings and I think some might not be able to travel far due to family needs, the cost of gas, time constraints, etc... Maybe once a year or so we could all meet in a central place for a big bash, otherwise, closer to home for regular meetings

ELU267 - Fenton STL Area

Rooh - O'Fallon STL Area
* MO is a rather larger state and there are so many places to see and learn about.
* would give us all an opportunity to see more of the state that some of us would never see if we didn't have a reason to venture in that area. It is a beautiful state with wonderful friendly, talented people, so I say "SHOW-ME"!

Springfield Area
lionladydi - Willow Springs - Springfield area
* Daughter interested
* President of our local Lions Club and we have a nice 60 x 40 building that I could rent

jenncowin - Springfield - Springfield area

Lilsomethinsweet - Phillipsburg - Springfield area

butterflyjuju - Carthage - Springfield area

Fronklowes - Joplin - Springfield area
* maybe a few of us could each take a topic and prepare some teaching demonstrations so there would be several things to learn at each meeting
* would these be two to three hour meetings or would we want (for example) to meet all day on a Saturday
* Maybe we could meet in Branson and make a family vacation out of it

KC Area
CharlieinMO - Adrian - KC Area
* there is a community center in Belton that we could rent that is pretty nice and has a kitchen with it

korkyo - Belton KC Area

MommyEdzards - Kansas city - KC Area

luv2cake - Kansas city - KC Area

Unknown Area
sugarbaker
* getting together the first time then deciding when or how often to gather
* suggest we think about doing this after Christmas w/ school starting in a few weeks and then w/ Thanksgiving and Christmas... plus it would give us more time to make plans

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:16pm
post #41 of 205

WOW! The list is growing!!! So far looks like the majority is in the St Louis area. Anymore from the KC area on here????

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:27pm
post #42 of 205

Having trouble attaching file - any idea why? Clicking "Add an Attachment", Clicking "browse". finding file, then clicking "Add Attachment" - I have tried preview and submit and get this error msg "The Extension doc is not allowed" it is a word document

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:43pm
post #43 of 205

Rooh, Sugarbaker is from West Plains which is 20 miles from me in Willow Springs. She has probably been too busy with her new class to get an answer to you. Sounds like you are getting organized as promised. Keep up the good work.

Diane

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:59pm
post #44 of 205
Quote:
Quote:

Sugarbaker is from West Plains which is 20 miles from me in Willow Springs

Thanks lionladydi! Has been updated in my document.
thumbs_up.gif

Rooh Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:18pm
post #45 of 205

For those of you wanting to keep track of number count, here you go:

SUMMARY
Lake Ozarks Area - ( 1 Total)
STL Area - ( 7 Total)
Springfield Area - ( 6 Total)
KC Area - ( 4 Total)
Unknown Area - ( 0 Total)
=======================
Grand Total - ( 18 Total)

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:42am
post #46 of 205

I like the idea of splitting up into smaller geographical areas and then meeting in one big group maybe once or twice a year. Those of you in the Springfield Area group, when would you want to start meeting?

kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:23pm
post #47 of 205

Count me in! I'm in the KC area- near Liberty. I probably can't travel too far, but if there is a KC group, let me know.

Kelly

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:30pm
post #48 of 205

I live in Kansas City--North-- pretty new to decorating so not much I can show....but Interested in the idea.

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:36am
post #49 of 205

I'd be interested in going to a meeting. Please send me any information when you set everything up. I've been hoping for this to happen every since I started coming to CC. I love cake decorating as a hobby and enjoy talking with other cake enthusiasts.

Vicky Welch
Jefferson City, MO

mimi4gsus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4gsus Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 1:21pm
post #50 of 205

I am with ffonklowes, I think its a great idea to break up in small groups/areas and then have statewide meeting once or twice a year.

I am really excited about this and it sounds like we will have a wide variety of experience ranging from beginners to advanced. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ElegantEvents Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElegantEvents Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:24pm
post #51 of 205

Thanks Vicky for letting me know about this forum!

I too am from Jefferson City. I am a beginer with cake decorating but would love to participate in the meetings. If we have a centrally located meeting I volunteer my services as an event planner to help pull it all together. Just let me know! Vicky and I are excited!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Rooh Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:38pm
post #52 of 205

After ElegantEvents response, this is the total count by area.

SUMMARY
STL Area - ( 9 Total)
KC Area - ( 6 Total)
Grand Total - ( 22 Total)

lionladydi Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 7:08pm
post #53 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooh

SUMMARY
STL Area - ( 9 Total)
KC Area - ( 6 Total)

Where are you putting the Jefferson City girls? I would think they would be with LadyDay95 in the Central MO group.

Diane

ElegantEvents Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElegantEvents Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 7:52pm
post #54 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

Quote:

SUMMARY
STL Area - ( 9 Total)
KC Area - ( 6 Total)

Where are you putting the Jefferson City girls? I would think they would be with LadyDay95 in the Central MO group.

Diane

Rooh,

Vicky and I are central...you could put us and the lady from the lake in the same area and call it the mid MO area if you like. Jefferson City is about as central as it gets.

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 8:00pm
post #55 of 205

I think it's great for each area to meet in their respective areas on a more regular basis. Don't forget that St. Louis and the KC have their own cake clubs in existence...so I wouldn't think it would be advantageous to duplicate those clubs in those areas. But others may have different opinions about that...and if you do, I'll be at your newly created meeting too! Cause I love this stuff.

For the other areas of the State that do not have cake clubs - this is an awesome opportunity for you to create your own - local - cake club.

Regardless of the local area meetings, I am still voting for a state wide meeting somewhere in the middle of the state where people from all over MO could have the opportunity to meet.

I think if we want to get down to the nitty-gritty and really get something going - we have to talk about boundaries...I am not willing to drive to XYZ.

Ill go first - I am in the St. Louis area and am not willing to drive to KC. But then again, I get the impression KC folks don't want to drive as far as St. Louis.

It appears that most everyone is in the big triangle of the state, so IMO - for the first meeting, I think we should meet in the middle of the state (the middle of the triangle). Going by the map - that would be the Jeff City area? Right.

So going on that premiseare you all willing to drive to Jeff City. And if that works for everyone, then we need to work with our friends in that area to find a suitable location to house the meeting.

If you are not willing to drive that far - where would you be willing to drive to?

Thanks to those who are helping to coordinate all of us

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 9:02pm
post #56 of 205
Quote:
Quote:

Vicky and I are central...you could put us and the lady from the lake in the same area and call it the mid MO area if you like. Jefferson City is about as central as it gets.

That is great idea... can call us mid-mo... am excited to see more from JC area !!!! now my big question is for the mid-mo group of ladies do any of you know sign language?? icon_smile.gif

Rooh Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:19am
post #57 of 205

Lets try this again..... Is everyone in the right location?

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - ( 3 Total)
1.  ladyday95 - Versailles Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area
2.  Sweetoccasions - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area
3.  ElegantEvents - Jefferson City Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area

STL Area - ( 7 Total)
1.  SLK - O'Fallon STL Area
2.  ckkerber - Ballwin STL Area
3.  jennianne - Manchester STL Area
4.  mimi4gsus - Marthasville STL Area
5.  jmac3333 - Wentzville STL Area
6.  ELU267 - Fenton STL Area
7.  Rooh - O'Fallon STL Area

1.  lionladydi - Willow Springs - Springfield area
2.  jenncowin - Springfield - Springfield area
3.  Lilsomethinsweet - Phillipsburg - Springfield area
4.  butterflyjuju - Carthage - Springfield area
5.  Fronklowes - Joplin - Springfield area
6.  Sugarbaker - Joplin - Springfield area

KC Area - ( 6 Total)
1.  CharlieinMO - Adrian - KC Area
2.  korkyo - Belton KC Area
3.  MommyEdzards - Kansas city - KC Area
4.  luv2cake - Kansas city - KC Area
5.  kellyh57 Liberty KC Area
6.  mkerton - Kansas CityNorth KC Area

SUMMARY
Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - ( 3 Total)
STL Area - ( 7 Total)
KC Area - ( 6 Total)

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #58 of 205

add one more to the kc area, I'm from Grain valley.

lionladydi Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:53am
post #59 of 205
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Sugarbaker is from West Plains which is 20 miles from me in Willow Springs

Thanks lionladydi! Has been updated in my document.
thumbs_up.gif

Sugarbaker isn't from Joplin. Also include my daughter Mistryunique. She is seldom on CC but is a part time decorator also.

Hey Sugarbaker! Check in with us!

Diane

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:18am
post #60 of 205

FYI

I was shopping at the mall in Jefferson City and they have a Community Room avail for $75 a day. No kitchen area as it used to be The Gap, but does have seperate Men's and Women's bathrooms and a large open space. They've filled half with long tables and folding chairs. I would be willing to get more info if you would like and some pics. Oh yeah, it will hold 100 people. I would be willing to look into other venues if you want me to.

On the travel business. I would be willing to travel anywhere in the state for a once a year meeting. I would not travel over 2 hours for quarterly meetings, which rules out joining the KC or SL clubs, boo hoo. I think a Mid-Mo club would be brilliant. Then a State event for all 3 clubs to participate once a year would be a wonderful chance for us all to get together.

Vicky Welch
Jefferson City

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%