Missouri Cake Club ??

Decorating By ladyday95 Updated 28 May 2009 , 9:43pm by korkyo

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:56pm
post #181 of 205

Add me to the Mid-MO list too. I'm in Florence, MO (an hour from Columbia MO) icon_biggrin.gif

I only know the basics (from my Wilton 1 course) and have started playing around with cookie decorating. I've also learned to use fondant.

STLdecoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STLdecoratingfool Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:54pm
post #182 of 205

So did this ever get started? I would love to take part in it if it did!
Im in the St. Louis/Arnold area.

Rooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rooh Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #183 of 205

Here is the updated totals by area. Everyone up to "STLdecoratingfool " has been added.

Has anyone in any of the areas scheduled, planned or already held a meeting? I just volunteered to keep the list up to date, someone else gets to be the planner. icon_lol.gif

Lake Ozarks/Mid Mo Area - 11 Total
STL Area - 22 Total
Springfield Area - 10 Total
KC Area - 17  Total
Unknown Area - 0 Total

Grand Total  60

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:36pm
post #184 of 205

Are there Springfield people still following this thread?

If so I would be happy to plan an event for us!

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 6:33pm
post #185 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooh

Has anyone in any of the areas scheduled, planned or already held a meeting? I just volunteered to keep the list up to date, someone else gets to be the planner. icon_lol.gif

I offered a location! Anyone interested? Arnold/Fenton area --- Just need a topic/demo, etc...

- Paula

tammik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammik Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 6:17pm
post #186 of 205

I live in Belle. If anyone from the Belle, Vienna, St. James, Rolla, Jefferson City area would like to get together, I manage the Belle-Bland Community Center in Belle. We could meet there to just meet each other, share ideas, pictures, etc. if you would like. Contact me if you would like to do that.
Tammi

STLdecoratingfool Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:11am
post #187 of 205

Tammi has an idea! Just a get together to maybe share ideas, pictures & so on could be an outing for us! I certainly dont have much to share as Im just starting out for the most part & I dont know nearly anything like most of you do...lol Ive just made cakes & cupcakes & just used good ol fashion icing. I dont have a clue about what all this cake lingo means just yet...lol Its alot! I thought I was doing good with what little I do know how to do...lol (as I duck & hide my head of embarresment...lol) But I would love to get together & see what everyone else has to offer & just to socialize with other women who like to do the same thing I do! Thats always a plus. Heck, Ive probably seen a few of yall at Michaels on a 50% off day! Ya never know! So if yall are up to it, we should get it worked out & follow through with it! Im game! I can help plan, or whatever!

tammik Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #188 of 205

Hey just e-mail me personally if you want to meet and I can set it up. I guess that a personal message?? icon_smile.gif

I would love to meet and share photos, ideas, etc. Just let me know. We could do it on a weekend sometime but the Community Center is totally booked up in May so it will have to be after May.

Let me know.
Tammi

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:00pm
post #189 of 205

I'd like to be added also. I'm in the KC area.

STLdecoratingfool Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 10:08pm
post #190 of 205

I offered a location! Anyone interested? Arnold/Fenton area --- Just need a topic/demo, etc...
- Paula[/quote]

I am for sure! Like I said earlier, not that I have alot to offer, but I would love to learn a thing or two from others! I am a SAHM so any time is good for me for the most part! I would prefer the weekends or later in the evenings that way I wouldnt have to worry about bringing my 2 yr old!

sweetconfections1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetconfections1 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 10:16pm
post #191 of 205

I am interested in joining. I'm in Kansas City.

venecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venecakes Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 10:22pm
post #192 of 205

This is great. I am in St. louis-MO. Please let me know what all of you agree to do. [email protected]

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:54am
post #193 of 205

[Are there Springfield people still following this thread?

If so I would be happy to plan an event for us!]

Hippiemama-I would love to get together with others in Springfield. Let me know if you come up with anything.[/quote]

leaisagary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leaisagary Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:46am
post #194 of 205

im in kansas city and also would be intrested!

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:15pm
post #195 of 205

OK I'm going to try this again, and I'm adding this link in another thread that got started.... I have access to my Church kitchen/fellowship hall. Nothing fancy but there's room for 125 (not that I want that many! icon_smile.gif ) and it's got AC! How about we start with a meet and greet and just go from there....

Anyone interested in the direct St. Louis area send me a message directly!!! Thanks!!

- Paula

PS - However May is out for me...

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:33pm
post #196 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiemama

Are there Springfield people still following this thread?

If so I would be happy to plan an event for us!

I am in Willow Springs and my daughter and I were included on the count to begin with. Sorry I have not posted but for some reason I am not getting notifications of postings on the threads I was watching. I tried emailing them but no answer. Then I saw the bug forum but with all the rules on it I'm almost afraid to post anything.

Anyway, we would still be interested so I will keep watching to see if you get it organized.

Diane

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 3:45pm
post #197 of 205

Hi - I just found this forum and I am in southeast Missouri and would like to be included in a group meeting in the STL area too.

I just began decorating this past spring and have only taken Course I and am hoping to begin more courses the fall.

Suzycakes

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 1:52am
post #198 of 205

Wow, I had no idea that this thread was still going on. I have not been getting any notifications....I'm still game to meet in the St. Louis area. Anything been planned yet?

SLK

sistermonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistermonkey Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:17pm
post #199 of 205

CAN I PLAY TOO! MARSHFIELD

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:35pm
post #200 of 205

WOW. I was looking through some old topics and forgot this one was going on so long.

I would be willing to set up one for KC. I live in Belton, which is just outside grandview Mo. 20 min from OPKS. and pretty much 20 min. from most other places too.

If you are intereseted in this please PM me and also any other cake friends that would join us. I'm thinking a monday evening... maybe the 29th of June. Far enough out that we could get some confirmations.

We have a community center and I can get the kitchen rented for 18.00 an hour. If everyone chips in a couple buck we can get it covered easily.

Let me know ASAP.
Send me names and phone numbers and we can see what happens.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:34am
post #201 of 205

I think its a great idea! I am in Cape Girardeau, Mo which is South of St. Louis 90 miles or so. I am in for driving to St. Louis area. Looks like we have enough interest for 2 groups maybe ones closer to each other could have smaller groups and the then have a once a year as a whole group of missouri girls. I am just starting out, but have learned alot from here.

korkyo Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #202 of 205

I agree. There does seem to be enough interest in KC and St Louis.

Maybe now that school is out we can get a couple meetings in over the summer.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #203 of 205

Oh boy!!!! Am I interested in this one. I live at the Lake of the Ozarks and have a closed restaurant that is being remodeled right now but maybe by fall we can gather here!!!! Would love to learn new techs from everyone!

tammik Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:10pm
post #204 of 205

I haven't been getting any kind of posts either. I'm in Belle which is between Rolla and Jefferson City on Hwy 28. I would love to get together with other cake decorators. Keep me in mind.
Thanks.

korkyo Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #205 of 205

Jeff City and the Ozarks are still several hours away from here. I'm more central KC MO.

Is there anyone out there for KC interested??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%