How To Make A B-Day/fathersday Cake.. Any Ideas?

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 11 Jun 2005 , 1:30pm by momof3jotynjake

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 2:20am
post #1 of 7

I got a call today!! woo hooo from a lady who attended the communion party, in which i made a cake for!!
she asked that I make a cake... 1/2 sheet.. and one side will say happy birthday... and the other side Happy fathersday.. anyone have any suggestions?? THANK YOU!!!

6 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 5:01am
post #2 of 7

I'm trying to think of a theme too. My DH's bday is on Father's Day. I don't want to make a Fire Dept theme & that's his hobby. I was going to tell you Ute to ask the lady what her DH's hobby is then go from there. Once you have a hobby things will start popping into your head!

momof3jotynjake Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

I'm trying to think of a theme too. My DH's bday is on Father's Day. I don't want to make a Fire Dept theme & that's his hobby. I was going to tell you Ute to ask the lady what her DH's hobby is then go from there. Once you have a hobby things will start popping into your head!

Hi tina! Well. The birthday part of the cake is for 2 people.. then the other side,, for fathers day is for all the dads that will be there....
What do you think if i put those cute little stick kids in the dads side?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 3:56am
post #4 of 7

That would be cute Ute~ Maybe do a BCT on it. That would look nice~

Have you made up your mind what your going to do yet? My Strawberry Shortcake Cake I did today turned out great!!!! Except for the smoothing.... I really wish I could figure it out!! I'll share pics once I get my scanner fixed.

Good luck on your cake~ I'm not doing anymore cakes till July. I've got to get ready for the DOS I'm having. My DH likes cheesecake better then cake so I'll just make him a cheesecake. My dad likes lemon pie so that's what I'll do for him. Both of them will be a lot easier to make then cakes~

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 7

What about a buttercream transfer of the dad sitting in a recliner with the remote? I think that would be really cute.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 7

I wish I could help here...but I am lost on what to do for my husbands cake, and I was asked the other day to make a round cake for her husband chocolate on the inside, but once again she is leaving me full reign on what to do.... he likes cars and trucks and I cant believe I am having a problem with ideas for that! Its times like this I wish I had the 3D crusier cake pan... SO good luck to you dear... I wish you all the luck... Iam sure it will be great!

momof3jotynjake Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 7

thanks agent! great idea...

Aww flay! well come up with something!! icon_lol.gif
I dont know what! but we will! LOL!!!. good luck! i want to see it when you are all done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%