Will They Still Taste Fresh On Saturday?

Baking By tonyab Updated 23 Jun 2007 , 6:13pm by Suebee

tonyab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyab Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 9

I am making sugar cookies topped with MMF,detailed with Royal icing and packaged in Cello Bags. They will be for a baby shower this coming Saturday. I would like to bake the cookies and top them with the MMF tonight and finish with the Royal Icing decorations tomorrow night. Will they still taste fresh on Saturday? How should I store them? Or should I wait until closer to Saturday?

Thanks for everyones help in advance!

One more question... Will the MMF get lighter in color over the next couple of days if I do make them this evening?

thanks again!

8 replies
MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:41am
post #2 of 9

Yes, in my opinion. From my experience once they are closed tightly in bags they for about a week. Just store them in a cool place. I just opened an extra cookie for my son from a party on 6/10 & it tasted great.

As for the MMF I haven't had an issue with it fading & I have used some bright colors.

Good luck!

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 1:21am
post #3 of 9

I would freeze them, but not in the cello bags.

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 1:43am
post #4 of 9

If you put them in cello bags they will absolutely stay fresh until Saturday (even longer). As MahalKita said, store them in a cool place and keep them out of direct sunlight.

apwagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwagner Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #5 of 9

The cookies should be fine but I have another question.
How exactly do you put MMF on the cookies? I have heard that it is best done right out of the oven. Also, does one brand work better than another? I usually use Satin Ice but I have access to Choco-Pan also.
Thanks!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 9

What is choco pan??

Lu

apwagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwagner Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 2:58am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu9129

What is choco pan??

Lu

It is a mix of MMF and white chocolate. It is as easy to work with as fondant but tastes like white chocolate. Its great!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 1:27pm
post #8 of 9

How much white chocolate do you add? And thank you for answering.

Lu

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 9

I always back my sugar cookies atleast a week ahead for the royal to dry. I've done testing and in a bad they stayed fresh for weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%