Help! Iso Unique Stands

Decorating By hollysu Updated 20 Jun 2007 , 2:30am by rcs

hollysu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollysu Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for great ideas for wedding cake display. Silver plateaus are getting old, has anyone seen any creative ideas on how to display wedding cakes? something unique or theme oriented....anything! icon_smile.gif

TIA

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

I would suggest going to take a walk through your local Hobby Lobby (my favorite to look for ideas) or other local craft store, except stay away from the cake isle. Look at all of the vases/tables/photo frames etc. There are a lot of different options out there that are not sold as cake stands but if you use your imagination the work great!

leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 7

I also forgot, don't forget your local hardware or Home improvement store! One of my favorite bases for cakes is those clear glass blocks that most people use in their basements or in their bathrooms for a window. THey look great with lights behind them.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 7

I've done the silk fabric covered styrofoam base like Earlene does on her cakes. Depending on the design of the cake, it can look very elegant. Match the fabric with the color of the cake. Here is a link to some of her cakes that show the base: http://www.earlenescakes.com/Embroidrycakes.htm

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 7

leily, I was thinking about trying to incorporate those glass blocks,too. I have a hole drilled in the side of them and place a set of X-mas lights in them. I thought it would make a neat lighted cake base. I'm still trying to figure out how to use them in the table decorations. So yes!! Don't forget the hardware store! You never know what you can find. What about a mirror? They have some really neat shapes now. Might even find some of those at a thrift store!

leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 7

rcs, I have seen them stacked next to eachother and then the cake board set on top of them. I searched for a short bit to try to find a picture of it b/c I have seen it in the galleries before, but couldn't find anything quickly.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 2:30am
post #7 of 7

Thanks leily!! I'll keep my eyes open. I just thought they would look really neat....and something a little different!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%