Cake Boxes

Business By Cakemaker Updated 10 Jun 2005 , 9:36pm by Cakemaker

Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaker Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 3

I'm just starting a cake decorating business and was wondering what all of you use for cake boxes. I will deliver the cakes unless they would like to pick them up, what do you send home with them? I'm going to have my husband make some boxes, but I'll want them back, so I don't know if that is a good idea. Another question I have is how much do all of you spend on advertising? I am renting a commerical kithen so I can advertise. Any suggestions would be great!

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 3

Others have found that paying for advertising doesn't necessarily earn results. Business cards, signs for your car are generally valuable.

As for boxes, there are lots of suppliers for cardboard cake boxes, but I recently read somewhere that they were using large plastic containers with lids. Flip the box and lid upside down, put the cake down on the inside of the lid, and put the cover over. Like a giant cake carrier. People seemed to find this helpful for larger cakes. You can clearly label the boxes for return (include a deposit perhaps)

JoAnn

Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaker Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I hadn't thought of a car decal, that's a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%