Letter Shaped Cakes

Decorating By gunnersgirl5578 Updated 31 Jul 2014 , 2:03pm by aaalfonso2000

gunnersgirl5578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gunnersgirl5578 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:33am
post #1 of 7

I have an event coming up and the customer has asked for cakes to spell out a name. I need suggestions for how to do this. I believe there will be about 30 people, and need to know what size pans to use, and how to carve or shape the letters. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice!

6 replies
Karroticus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karroticus Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:40am
post #2 of 7

How many letters are in the name?
It might be easy to cut them out of a sheet cake if its only a small name and for 20 people

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:56am
post #3 of 7

Depending on the size of the name....take a large piece of paper and write the outline of the letters so that you can adjust the sizes, etc (or pick a font on the computer, print the "outline" of the name, and then blow it up several times). You can then put it on the cake and either cut out each individual letter, or just cut out the around the outer edges to get the effect of the name. I hope I made that clear! Maybe post what the name is, and I could send you what I mean! icon_smile.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:57am
post #4 of 7

they used to sell a pan - large and mini that you could make numbers and letters. I bought two of the large pans and haven't even used them yet, but had to have them, you know.... OK, looked it up, they are called burvelle's edcuted cake pans. There is regular size and mini. Don't see any minis up yet, but depending on how long the name is, the larger pan might be better.

Melissa

gunnersgirl5578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gunnersgirl5578 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everybody! It is only 4 letters, but I want them to have impact...it is for a young Marine returning from Iraq. Thanks for all the great advice! I didn't think about printing out the letters from the computer....Ya'll are just great!
Thanks again!

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 7

Do you have the "Stars & Stripes" font on your computer?? Check your Microsoft word - that might make a cool cake!!
Let us see the pic when done!
Good luck!!!

aaalfonso2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aaalfonso2000 Posted 31 Jul 2014 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 7

Good Morning All, How many will a T shaped cake feed? And what size cake would I need to use to feed 30-40 people?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%