Fbct Question

Decorating By daisygirl76 Updated 5 Aug 2006 , 2:58am by xandra83

daisygirl76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisygirl76 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 3

I don't get to post much due to my job but I lurk on here quite a bit. You all have such wonderful knowledge and i, for one, am grateful that you share in order to help others.

I have a question that I could use some help with. I am making my son's birthday cake this weekend and it is going to be oval with the Batman insignia done on top as a FBCT. My question is - is it okay to use the black Wilton tube icing when doing a FBCT? I've never done one before and want to make sure it turns out okay. Or do you think I should use the toothpick method (or something similar) and trace the outline on top of the cake and decorate it that way?

Any and all thoughts are welcome!

2 replies
Tweedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedy Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 3

I did use the black wilton tube icing for my niece's FBCT Bratz cake and also used it for my nephew's FBCT Superman cake (which will be put on the cake this evening). I did not experience a problem with the first one and hopefully won't have a problem with the second one.

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:58am
post #3 of 3

I've actually heard that the black tube icing is better for outlining FBCT. I just used regular BC and it worked fine, but I've just heard the other is better. Good luck and glad to see you post!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%