Sleeves Of Filling From The Store....

Decorating By crystalina1977 Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 6:49pm by sarahnichole975

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 33

Hi,
I have seen people ask the question "what types of filling don't need refrigeration" and one of the answers is always "pre-made fillings in a sleeve". I have never seen these and am wondering where they can be purchased, in what flavors, and are they good??? I am in the Monterey Bay area in California. Thanks!
Crissy usaribbon.gif

32 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 33

They look like these from Country Kitchens: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/SearchResults.aspx?description=filling&page=-1

I get mine from a local cake decorating shop and love the brand Henry & Henry.

You can use them straight up from the plastic sleeve or mix 50/50 with buttercream. Bavarian is what I use most.

crystalina1977 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 33

wow thanks so much for the link...looks like they have a ton of flavors. Bavarian will definitely be on the list. Have you tried any of the other flavors?

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 33

i order mine from www.pattycakes.com

i love the lemon i have tried the bavarian creme and didnt like it so now i have a sleeve of the choc bavarian and the regular bavaria in my pantry. my last order i got pineapple, rasp, and strawberry but i havent recieved them yet to try

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 33

The bavarian creme does not taste great out of the sleeve like the strawberry, raspberry and apple do, but as a filling with chocolate cake, it was fine, and I receive alot of compliments on it......... icon_cool.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 33

I LOVE their Raspberry !

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 33

ok maybe i need to try it in a cake i just got a small taste with a spoon

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 33

oh and the last sleeves i bought i ordered from country kitchen beause they were a little cheaper

crystalina1977 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 33

I have looked at both websites and some are cheaper on one and some are cheaper on the others. Although I don't know about shipping costs yet...Thanks all for your help and if anyone else knows how other flavors taste I would love to hear your thoughts as well!

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #10 of 33

The bakers nook www.shopbakersnook.com sells sleeves. They also have the recipes for some of the sleeves that they sell. I made the bavarian cream. Yummmmy.

Stephanie

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:09pm
post #11 of 33

Smbegg, can you post another link?? I didn't know Cake Central sells them...

nefgaby Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:10pm
post #12 of 33

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:18pm
post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

i dont think they sell them the link might have been to a book that had recipies in it but im not sure

jss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jss Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:25pm
post #14 of 33

good prices at our local butcher supply/seasoning shop...

on their home page...to the left...there's a cake decorating/baking section
search for cake/pastry fillings...
good selection of flavors

really good cajun seasoning sold there as well...if you want to kick it up a notch...

check it out

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:28pm
post #15 of 33

link?

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:30pm
post #16 of 33

Sorry, everytime I try to post a link, it gets changed somehow to cake central link. Anyone know why?

The site is shopbakersnook .com (there is no space, that is the only way that I can get the link to post without it putting shopcakecentral.com) it sells the sleeves and has the recipes as well.

Stephanie

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:37pm
post #17 of 33

I love the coconut filling!!! It is very thick so I sometimes thin it with BC. Otherwise it is nice inbetween two thick rich chocolate layers! YUM!

nefgaby Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:37pm
post #18 of 33

Thanks!!!

crystalina1977 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:08pm
post #19 of 33

Thanks you guys are awesome and I can't wait to put an order together. It's certainly cheap and easy enough.
Crissy usaribbon.gif

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:29pm
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalina1977

"pre-made fillings in a sleeve". I am in the Monterey Bay area in California. Thanks!
Crissy usaribbon.gif

If you are ever in Stockton, I know its about 2hrs north of you but there is a place called Kesters that sell the filling sleeves. Have you asked any of your local bakeries or is there a cake supply store near you. Good luck in your search.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:53pm
post #21 of 33

I keep the raspberry, strawberry, lemon, pineapple, and bavarian creme on hand all the time, they are awesome! After I have opened the sleeves, I usually do keep the leftover in the frige in a tupperware until I use it up (which isn't usually very long!). I know I don't need to, but it makes me feel better! -Lori

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:02pm
post #22 of 33

does anyone know how long they will last in the fridge after opened? I bought some and used a little but didn't use all of it and didn't want to waste it!

crystalina1977 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:47am
post #23 of 33

I am not aware of any cake decorating shops here, and I haven't asked any bakeries but that might be a good idea. I sometimes pass through Stockton on my way to Sacramento so next time I go I'll have to stop by Kesters, thanks for the info!
As for refrigeration, the item description says to refrigerate after opening and it will keep for 3-6 months. At least that's how I interpret it...

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:53am
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbegg

Sorry, everytime I try to post a link, it gets changed somehow to cake central link. Anyone know why?

The site is shopbakersnook .com (there is no space, that is the only way that I can get the link to post without it putting shopcakecentral.com) it sells the sleeves and has the recipes as well.

Stephanie

this same thing happens to me too! it was driving me crazy, i have no idea why it does that. but it makes me feel stupid, like i don't know how to post a link or something!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:45am
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

does anyone know how long they will last in the fridge after opened? I bought some and used a little but didn't use all of it and didn't want to waste it!

I have been told a year unopened and up to 6 months in the fridge as long as it is resealed well (I put a twist tie around mine and then into a gallon ziplock bag) I haven't had any problems yet.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:09pm
post #26 of 33

leily, really wow? I bought bavarian and chocolate bavarian last month for a cake and put them in ziplock bags.... do you think they are still ok?

jss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jss Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #27 of 33

so sorry...mentioned the sleeve fillings...forgot to mention the link...
www.targil.com

to the left of the home page...click the section for cake decorating & baking...below in the quick search box...type cake/pastry filling

they have good prices on cake boards and boxes also

great cajun seasoning sold there as well

jss

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 5:26pm
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

leily, really wow? I bought bavarian and chocolate bavarian last month for a cake and put them in ziplock bags.... do you think they are still ok?

You can still use them icon_smile.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:27pm
post #29 of 33

Just don't freeze them. I bought the strawberry and put it in the freezer, but when I thawed it out it was watery.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:42pm
post #30 of 33

I've been wondering if they were available in the grocery stores and what not because where I live we don't have any real supply stores lol. I have a party center place that can order cake boxes and boards for me but unless I purchase $100.~ worth of stuff in my order alone, I could have to wait up to 6 months for it to be ordered as they can only order from that company with orders totalling over $100.~... so I haven't done that lol They can also get me bulk snow cone syrups but I don't think that's gonna be needed for this type of business lmao.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%