''Git R Done' cake ideas??? (larry the cable guy)'

Decorating By melissablack Updated 11 Jun 2005 , 4:53am by tcturtleshell

melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:04am
post #1 of 10

We're having a BBQ on the 25th with a bunch of friends, to celebrate several birthdays. Well, dh and his friend are the 2 guys, and they want a 'Git R Done' cake!! lol. I was all set to try out my new ball pan and make a golf cake, but No!, they had to be difficult! lol.

What would you do if you had this cake request?

Melissa icon_confused.gif

9 replies
CIndymm4 Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:14am
post #2 of 10

I'm going to PM you with the idea my DH came up with.....he loves Larry the Cable guy!

tcturtleshell Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:23am
post #3 of 10

Melissa~

My son rides bulls... bull riders always say "Git R Done". I would do a BCT of a bull & a cowboy w/ cactus & sand on the cake. That's if it's a western BBQ. If not I would just do a pic of a large guy bending over & his crack is showing.

debsuewoo Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:49am
post #4 of 10

As a fan of Larry, here is my suggestion.... it may not seem kinda gross, but anyone who likes Larry will get the joke...... ready? Are you sure> (Sick mind at work here.....) Larry is always talking about his sister covered with moles, so a flesh colored cake with 'moles' would be appropo. Of course, you have to write Git-R-Done on the cake too........ Too bad he dikdn't ask for a Ron
white cake!!

melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 10

Well, the suggestions are getting grosser and grosser icon_wink.gif
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to run them by dh and see what he thinks.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

KATE39 Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 10

WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAKE THE TOP OF THE CAKE PLAID, LIKE LARRY'S SHIRT. THEN YOU CAN WRITE GIT-R-DONE. IF YOU REALLY WANTED, YOU COULD DO A BCT OF LARRY HIMSELF BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO GO OR NOT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PICTURE WHEN YOU GIT R DONE. HAHAHA!

debsuewoo Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 10

Okay, how about a cake made to look like a plaid shirt that says Git-R-Done? Or a plaid cake with a baseball cap on top of it?

Debbi

melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 10

Do you need a special pan to make a shirt cake?

Dh and his friend say they want a rebel flag and maybe some camouflouge on the sides... that sounds kinda boring though, not to mention it totally clashes! lol. What do you all think?

Melissa icon_razz.gif

HollyDayCakes Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 10

I love the idea of a plad shirt cake! That sounds fun!

Who ever said that the camo has to clash with a rebel flag? Camo comes in may fasionable colors now. icon_cool.gif
Happy Baking! thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:53am
post #10 of 10

I think the rebel flag & camo would be good. You can make a square cake & freeze it then cut it into a shirt cake. Or you can go buy the shirt pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%