Www.thecakeladytn.net - Plagiarism Of Pictures

Decorating By patriciascakecreations Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 11:20pm by heidisuesmom

patriciascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patriciascakecreations Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 69

I was just alerted by a friend of mine that my mini cake picture was stolen and used on this site, claminig them as their own. It's a picture called STEPHIE (on their site). These are mini cakes I made for my grandmother's birthday last October.

Please check if any of your cakes haven't been stolen.

The site address is:

www.thecakeladytn.net

It's sad that this person is stealing images and using them as their own, tricking brides.

thumbsdown.gif

68 replies
randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 69

Have you reported her to the BBB?

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 69

I just sent a pm to karateka. I noticed one of her pics on there.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.thecakeladytn.net/page_1174331499242.html

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 69

I'm pretty sure I have seen the "By the Sea" cake on this website. Unless the poster is cakeladytn?

What a shame.

The golf bag photo also looks familiar but I don't know if it's the same or just similar to one I've seen here.

It's one thing to use a photo for inspiration, as many of us here do, but to put someone else's photo on your website as if I were your own?? I would also contact the BBB if one of my photos was on there.

gismo12002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gismo12002 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 69

I noticed a few from CC site--on her site!

robertascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robertascakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 69

I just looked at their site and MANY of the ones pictured I have also seen on "The Knot"......I seriously doubt that they did all of them. They have been careful not to call them "their designs", but of course one looking at their site would assume that they are......they should at least credit the source for the picture!

randipanda Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 69

They shouldn't only credit the source, they need to ask permission to post the picture on their site.

Thanks, I knew I had seen those pictures somewhere, and couldn't figure out where. It was The knot, though I found one that they lifted from brides.com as well.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 69

and most of the pictures are of bad quality! Looks like she has a lot of Wilton cakes on there too!

dodibug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 69

Heck, she's even using pics from Duff's site! I sent Charm City Cakes an email letting them know!

patriciascakecreations Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 69

It's horrible!

They just took down the entire mini cake gallery (after my e-mail to them). The 'spring blossoms' cake is from somewhere else as well.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:04pm
post #11 of 69

Wow, that is sad=( Spring Blossoms is definately from CC, and I believe the Pink Blossom one is too=( Taking credit for other's hard work is sad to me=( Jen

dodibug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:08pm
post #12 of 69

There are lots of pics gone now. Probably as a result of a flurry of e-mails!

projectqueen Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:11pm
post #13 of 69

The site has been drastically cleaned up since the start of this thread. I just checked and most of the cakes that were on there are gone now.

patriciascakecreations Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #14 of 69

I sent them an e-mail saying to take my cake off and that they were being dishonsest. I noticed the whole mini cake section is gone!

It looks like this is a brand new company (no testimonials) and they are trying to look established.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:16pm
post #15 of 69

I doubt they are a "company" I have a feeling it is a home baker trying to start a business. And don't yell at me, I am not putting down home bakers, I am a home baker. I am saying I don't think it is a storefront, licensed business. I have no idea why people do this sort of thing and think no one is going to catch them at it.

ttb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttb Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:21pm
post #16 of 69

Oh my gosh. She is in my neck of the woods. I visited the site but it does not have a mini cake gallery now and very few cakes on the other gallareis. What make people do this? If they can not get business by using their own talents and pictures they should not be in the business.!!

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:01pm
post #17 of 69

They just posted an apology. I can't believe anyone could make that mistake. I want to put up a website but until I'm ready and have enough of my own pictures... it just ain't happenin!

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:04pm
post #18 of 69

Apparently she is in Murfreesboro TN. She posted an apology page, but it looks like she still has lots of cakes to remove. It must have taken hours to find, copy and post all those pictures. What a waste of time when she could have been working on her own cakes.

randipanda Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:10pm
post #19 of 69

Sorry, I'm going to sound mean- but how can you "inadvertently" post other people's pictures on your site? It bugs me when people refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes.

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:14pm
post #20 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by randipanda

Sorry, I'm going to sound mean- but how can you "inadvertently" post other people's pictures on your site?

That's what I was wondering. Maybe someone else does the site for her?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:20pm
post #21 of 69

Isn't that awful! I can't believe someone could be so deceitful! Well...I take that back ...anymore you just don't know what people will do. icon_sad.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:21pm
post #22 of 69

I was just on the site - there are only a few cakes left! She must not have many of her own - so how could she not know??? icon_razz.gif Most of the cakes are repeated in 2-3 different headings. That is sad!!!! thumbsdown.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:23pm
post #23 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraO

Quote:
Originally Posted by randipanda

Sorry, I'm going to sound mean- but how can you "inadvertently" post other people's pictures on your site?

That's what I was wondering. Maybe someone else does the site for her?

...yeah but still, she ought to know what she's puttin' on her site...oh well, at least the problem is getting taken care of thumbs_up.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:23pm
post #24 of 69
Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:24pm
post #25 of 69

That is just sad. How in the world would anyone think they could get away with stealing photos? And I'm sorry, you can't just accidentally put a photo on a site, lol!

patriciascakecreations Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:25pm
post #26 of 69

You don't accidentally post someones pictures!

The whole mini cake section was removed, all of the images were stolen!

To clarify, I am a home baker but my business is registered as a company, I assumed she was the same (home baker) trying to look experienced. She doesn't even have flavours listed.

This is the 'appology' that was posted.

"To Those Concerned:

It had been brought to our attention this morning, 6-18- 2007, that photo's of other cakes had inadvertently been placed on this site. Our web-site is being edited as we speak. Those photos in question are being removed as they do not belong to us nor do they belong on our site. (When you are in the photo gallery, please use the refresh button and this should remove those items.)

We sincerely apologize for this mishap and are taking every action to have this corrected, today!"

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:27pm
post #27 of 69

I see at least 3 on the grooms page that doesn't belong to her. I know who did the big T it is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the name...

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:28pm
post #28 of 69

yes she does, about 20 , but they were hard to find...once you go to flavours to the side it says cake flavors, specialty...etc.

Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:28pm
post #29 of 69

At first I had a different take on it because I was thinking well maybe she wants to give people ideas like when you go to a salon and look through books BUT then it hit me that she is naming them as if she is the one that made the cake.

projectqueen Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:29pm
post #30 of 69

Inadvertently?

Come on...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%