Americolor Rocks!!!

Decorating By lcottington Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 4:31pm by Jennz818

lcottington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcottington Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 17

Okay, I am willing to shout from the highest rooftop that Americolor is the best darn icing coloring!

Got a last minute request from my daughter's preschool teacher for a Dr. Seuss whimsical cake for my daughter's class this morning. Cat in the Hat was a big part of the theme. No problem -- make a half sheet that is half white cake and half red velvet....find a pic of the Hat online and blow up for transfer to half sheet --

need black and red frosting -- AACK - hate these two..have never been able to get past gray and pink...remembered that I had bought Americolor Super Red and Super Black...gave it a try...WOW! Turned the black BC black on a normal amount of coloring and the red BC was great too -- took a bit more but hardly any at all....I did them the night before so that the color would deepen and by the next morning the colors were TRUE!

I will post a pic of the cake when I get a chance but I am an Americolor girl from now on....

Lisanne

16 replies
Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 17

Love to hear that!!!! I just ordered every color 2 days ago.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 17

I'm with you there. I recently bought a couple of electric colors and couldn't believe the results. I think I may replace all of my Wiltons with Americolor.

Cindy

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 17

where do you get americolor?

lcottington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcottington Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 17

Right here at the CC store!!! Support your addiction!

Lisanne

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 17

duh....should have looked their first! Thanks.

makendall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makendall Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:25am
post #7 of 17

thumbs_up.gif Thanks for posting this! I am new to baking(really really really new) and I have decided to make a ladybug birthday cake for my youngest daughter on Sept 23 and didn't know what brand of coloring to buy. I knew people had difficulty with the red and black, so I knew I better choose wisely. Thanks so much for posting this. By the way, this website is great and very helpful!! icon_biggrin.gif

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:29am
post #8 of 17

thanks for posting this, I just ordered red, brown, and black and others from CC Store. I heard those were the hardest to get with Wilton colors but easy with Americolor. Love the CC store!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:29am
post #9 of 17

I love americolor!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:32am
post #10 of 17

DITTO DITTO DITTO to all of the above... Americolor is replacing all of my wilton colors too!

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:47am
post #11 of 17

I love them!

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:57am
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Quote:

I have decided to make a ladybug birthday cake

Makendall -
I have done a ladybug cake (sorry no picute, it was a few years ago only non -digital photos) and used red sugar for the ladybug wings- no messing with getting the right red and it had a nice 'sparkl-y' look. Not to mention that it probably tasted better. If I ecall I used junior mints for the lady musg spots - yummy and cute.

makendall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makendall Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 5:02am
post #13 of 17

icon_biggrin.gif Wow! That is a great idea!! Sounds very tasty. Thank you so much for the info!!!

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 5:10am
post #14 of 17

Your welcome - be sure and post a picture!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 6:42am
post #15 of 17

I'm very happy to hear that you love Americolor! I just placed an order on CC a couple days ago and ordered Super Black, Super Red, and several other colors. I am really looking forward to trying something other than Wilton!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 1:23pm
post #16 of 17

I LOVE AMERICOLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could shout it from the roof tops myself. I bought them in May b/4 my daughters bday. Dora has a lot of dark colors and not even her black hair was bitter and it didn't take near as much color as wilton. GO AMERICOLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennz818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennz818 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 4:31pm
post #17 of 17

I just ordered 15 colors last night. I actually went through all of my Wilton colors and ordered similar ones to start myself off. I decided to finally do it because I can't stand the stupid Wilton jars that leak. I literally have about 5 different colors stained on my hands right now and I'm completely frustrated!!!!
I can't wait to get them....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%