Babyshower Dilemma

Decorating By weirkd Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 3:06pm by weirkd

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 14

I have a babyshower that I am doing at the end of the month for my neighbors daughter in law. We are going with a jungle themed cake & cookies. She is decorating her nursery in a pattern from Babysrus called Zanzsabar. Its cute but its not something I would think of for a baby. Anyway, she really didnt care how I decorated this cake and I suggested doing it like the baby's room in the Zanzsabar theme. Well I did the cake topper and it came out ok but I keep seeing cakes on here that are so cute and baby like and now Im wondering if I should remake this topper so that the animals are baby-like. Can I get some opinions, please!
LL

13 replies
moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 14

I think it is adorbale and if that is how they are doing the baby's room, then it is appropriate.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 14

I think it is cute. If it is after the nursery theme leave it be! Has the mom to be seen it? What does she say?

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 14

I think it's adorable. Show your neighbor and see what she thinks.

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 14

I think your topper is perfect just as it is! icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 14

The mom to be hasnt seen it yet. So you dont think it should be more baby like? Like baby animals?

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 14

I wouldn't change a thing. Your animals are amazing! She will love it.... I saw a cake on this site of a baby shower done in camo...they aren't all cutesy! (although it was a cute cake anyways).

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:02pm
post #8 of 14

These are adorable, but I would vote for the "baby" animals.....

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 14

they are fantastic-and frankly thy are cute and "babyish" just not pastel - so play up the lighter greens or blue if appropriate and if you are concerened. The last couple of mommies i did showers for didn't want the cutsey babyshower pastels- and if that is her room theme she may not either.

turtlesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlesmom Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:22pm
post #10 of 14

My son's room was done in zanzibar and I think this looks great.

weirkd Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 14

okie dokie! Thanks for your help and your opinions!

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:50am
post #12 of 14

I think it's great how it is. That's the nursery theme, go for it. icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:40pm
post #13 of 14

If that is how the nursery looks then I would not change it. Some mom's (like me) aren't into the "baby" animal style for themselves. Not to say I don't like it at all - I just knew that when I did my son's room I wanted circus animals, but not baby or cartoony circus animals, but not realistic either. If that makes sense LOL!

I told this to a guy who worked at a wallpaper store and he told me to come back in a few days. The FIRST paper he showed me was EXACTLY what I was looking for! The man was AMAZING at finding just want you wanted in those hundreds of books!

Anyhow - sorry about my tangent icon_biggrin.gif I'd keep them the way they are, I Googled Zanzabar and your animals look great!

weirkd Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:06pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks! I was talking with the mother-inlaw which is my neighbor and she didnt care for the Zansabar theme. She thought it was too grown up for a baby.
Well I emailed the mom to be and asked for her opinion. Its her opinion that counts the most!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%