Mil Says I Have No Talent...maybe I Don't

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 1:15am by guerrosos

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 9:02am
post #91 of 127

Your cake is beautiful, don't listen at your MIL, I don't know her and at this rate wouldn't want to but I really feel like she should keep her opinions to herself. Keep on baking and decorating. Your fellow CCM.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 10:26am
post #92 of 127

Ok went to the dinner last night. It was so funny. She asked me to make a cake and she even had bought those little sponge cake cups, cool whip and sliced strawberries for those that "don't like cake" . Needless to say there was only 10 people there last night, I brought the DOUBLE 9 x 13 and had (this is so funny) only 5 pieces left of the cake!! She never said a word. Didn't even try it, but I did tell my DH icon_smile.gif so be proud of me, I wasn't going to. He said that if I made another one for her he would be mad at me and he would talk to her. Thank you for all of your comments because believe it or not they do help. (((((Hugs))))) to all of you.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 10:54am
post #93 of 127

IN HER FACE!!! I BET SHE WAS BITING HER TOUNGE!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I bet your cake was awesome!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:16am
post #94 of 127

You go girl!!! Don't let that evil demon woman stop you. I would love to have half of your talent. YOU love doing this and that's all that matters.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:51am
post #95 of 127

yea!

and props to the DH for supporting you!

Windsor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Windsor Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 1:21pm
post #96 of 127

Why are you listening to her? That cake came out beautlifully. Now if she doesn't like she doesn't eat. She just wants to hurt your feelings. If she keeps sayin gyou have no talent why does she keep wanting you to bring in more? It's always the first one to critacize who is the first one to sit down and grab a fork

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 1:24pm
post #97 of 127

I'd love to have my borders turn out like that.
My best friend since kindergarten (27 years) had a MIL like that. We were making cut out cookies for christmas. We used the frozen precut ones from GFS because it was more about us getting together than real baking. She saw the box and IMMEDIATELY started spouting off that we didn't really make them because they were frozen. I told her that - We baked them, we decorated them so therefore we made them. She started to get snippy with me so I took the cookies from her hand and told her that since we didn't make them, she couldn't eat them. She stormed from the house and never said anything about our baking after that.
Some people just take joy from being miserable. Just ignore your MIL.

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 1:37pm
post #98 of 127

I don't have time to read the whole thread but what I did read I have to say I agree with everyone here. YOU ARE A GOOD DECORATOR! Don't let that women get to you. Your cakes are very creative and nicely done.

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 1:52pm
post #99 of 127

Girl, your cake is GORGEOUS! I wish I could decorate like that but as of right now, the only thing I can do decently is rosettes. And kudos for you telling your hubby what's been going on. I'm with everyone else....either she can either buy one from a bakery or place the pastry bag in her hand and tell her to go for it and leave. I can't stand it when people have to insult others just to make themselves feel better or superior.

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 2:18pm
post #100 of 127

wow- I want a BIG bite of that cake! and PS, its very pretty!!!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 2:25pm
post #101 of 127

GenGen wrote:
....3. he said to create a special (coughcough) shaped cake and tell her where to stick it lol.

Indydebi wrote:

Oh! Oh! Oh! Pick #3!! Pick#3!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Now MY TURN: icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the Sunday morning drama and comedy! Wgoat5, first let me say I read your post and got boiling mad! Then I went to look at all your cake pix. I'm getting carpel tunnel syndrome 'cause I did comment on most of them! icon_biggrin.gif I love your work and you'll just keep getting better and better; I'M jealous icon_razz.gif Second, I don't know if your MIL is jealous or just a bu**-h*le. I do know she is WRONG! I'm not glad you have her as a MIL but I am glad you had to post this for venting purposes; I had never seen your work! icon_surprised.gif I might never have had the opportunity to see because the daily pix just don't stay up long enough! Thank you for sharing your strife and talent w/ us.... Keep on caking! We care thumbs_up.gif

Lynda icon_smile.gif

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 2:54pm
post #102 of 127

your mil is crazy in the head you do great work. Don't let her get you down, just keep doing what you are doing and ignore her. Doug was right, next time she says something tell her to give it a try and see how far she gets. LOL

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:13pm
post #103 of 127

i just looked at your pictures and your cakes are beautiful. DO NOT listen to your MIL sounds like she is jealous and people like that just feed off making others hurt. I use to have people like that in my life and I either ditched them or laugh at their jealousy. Please keep doing what you are doing. You are amazing and I hope some day to be as good as you.

chloe1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe1979 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:26pm
post #104 of 127

Do I hear the overtones of jealousy??? Uh, yeah, I say ignore her, and the next time you make a cake, be sure that you tell her not to eat a slice because you wouldn't want her to indulge in something that doesn't meet her standards. I bet she changes her tune...

momof5kiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof5kiki Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:27pm
post #105 of 127

yay for your DH, what a B@#$%. Seriously she needs to grow up! I am so glad that you told your DH, and y ay for him for being so supportiave. Putting up with a crazy mom can't be easy.

Seriously she is trying to break you down, and looks like she made a dent since what she said made enough impact on you to post here about it. Your cakes likk great, ignore the crazy lady!!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:00pm
post #106 of 127
Quote:
Quote:

...but I did tell my DH so be proud of me, I wasn't going to. He said that if I made another one for her he would be mad at me and he would talk to her.

Good to go lady!- you should be proud of yourself and very pleased with your husband. You had the courage to ask for support, and he had the class to give it. This ought to give your self-esteem a bit of a boost. Sometimes the male of the species -no insult meant guys- have to be clued in on what is going on right in front of them.

laneym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneym Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:19pm
post #107 of 127

Your cake is beautiful. Your borders are amazing. Sounds to me like MIL may be a little green with envy. You should have told her if yours were so bad, maybe she should go to the bakery and PAY for her next cake!

Someone should have told your mother in law about the old saying, "if you can't say something nice....shut up!"....well that isn't how it goes icon_lol.gif
Don't let her negativity stop your creativity!

McFadden4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McFadden4 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:27pm
post #108 of 127

Yummy chocolate cake...it looks fantastic...are you sure she's not jelous? Your cake is wonderful!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:37pm
post #109 of 127

I don't thing she knows what she's talking about. Get her a dictionary to look up the word 'talent'.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:41pm
post #110 of 127

I like your cake very much, keep up the good work and don't let her get you down. What do other think of your work? I know how it feels when someone close to you always tries to make you feel bad. Shake it off and do what you love.

Tamz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamz Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #111 of 127

Okay, reading your post made me so upset! I looked at all your pictures, and you are very talented! Your MIL obviously has some issues, and must not be a very pleasant person. I know the type, my MIL was the same way. My advice would be the same as what some others have said: Ignore everything that comes out of her mouth, and don't do any more cakes for her! Or, start charging her icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:39am
post #112 of 127

Christi, your cakes are beautiful! icon_biggrin.gif

And I'm glad that your husband realizes his mother is mistreating you, so you can present a united front. thumbs_up.gif

Wonder what awful things happened to your MIL to cause her to be a psychic vampire and take such delight in being the destroyer of dreams. Or maybe she's just evil incarnate. icon_evil.gif

In the future, I hope you use the support and love of your fellow CC'ers as a shield between you and the vitriol that is your MIL.

Hugs,

Jan

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:46pm
post #113 of 127

That is pretty insensitive of your MIL to say you have no talent! I'd be so hurt! Has she been insulting you all along about other things? your housekeeping, your child rearing, etc? The father's day cake is great.

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:12pm
post #114 of 127

The reason why she would say something like that is obviously completely unrelated to your actual cake-decorating ability because, as everyone has confirmed, you are mega-skilled. She is probably jealous of you for some reason, most likely because you now have the attention and affection of her son. I think it's good that you told him what she said and I'm glad he stood up for you. I also think it shows a lot of courage to even go to her house and bring a cake after she was so rude. You showed her not only who has the talent, but who has the class icon_smile.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:25pm
post #115 of 127

My MIL can absolutely drive me crazy sometimes but she has never said anything that hurtful to me. She brags on my cakes (now she's the one who needs glasses) even though they aren't the greatest by no means. I think your MIL just took the trophy for the MIL's from H**L contest. I agree with so many others when they said to hand her the bag and see if she can do any better. She is just jealous. I would say ignore her but that's so hard to do.

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:31pm
post #116 of 127

I too, think it's a little strange that your MIL would insult you like that and then ask you to bring a cake. I have looked at your photos and your cakes are wonderful! Don't let her or anyone else discourage you. Come back to CC for all the support you need!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:54pm
post #117 of 127

Looking at all your pictures. PLEASE! I've had some I wouldnt post when I made them . Yours are cute. I think you've done an excellent job. AND if they tast good to its a win win. DO NOT let someone else tell you what you are capable of. MANY and I do mean many great and famous people started from nothing and if they would have listened to all the people TELLING them they couldn't......they never would have.

Just read the positive feedback you have here! the GOOD will out weigh the bad!!Every time

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:04pm
post #118 of 127

Is she kidding?

I just took a peek in your photos and that baby shower cake is just as cute as a button! It matches the invitation perfectly. The others look nice, too, but that one just popped out at me it is so cute.

You keep on decorating, you are doing great!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:17pm
post #119 of 127

Your MIL is *ahem* a beyatch, I think.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:42pm
post #120 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok went to the dinner last night. It was so funny. She asked me to make a cake and she even had bought those little sponge cake cups, cool whip and sliced strawberries for those that "don't like cake" . Needless to say there was only 10 people there last night, I brought the DOUBLE 9 x 13 and had (this is so funny) only 5 pieces left of the cake!! She never said a word. Didn't even try it, but I did tell my DH icon_smile.gif so be proud of me, I wasn't going to. He said that if I made another one for her he would be mad at me and he would talk to her. Thank you for all of your comments because believe it or not they do help. (((((Hugs))))) to all of you.

You go girl! Congrats on another beautiful job.

Judy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%