Heart-Shaped Wedding Cake Stands? How To Tier?

Decorating By pottedmeatchunks Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 6:42am by dominique26

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:10am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone! I need help...I am making my first ever wedding cake in a few weeks. Its for a low income bride so I'm just charging cost of ingredients, well that and because its my first ever so who knows what I'll end up with haha. Anyways she has asked for heart shaped and I own the wilton 4 piece heart pan set BUT she also wants the sucker either on a cake stand such as this one

or she would like the bottom 2 tiers stacked and the small top one on pillars, like this one

now the problem i've run into is that I can't find a good heart-shaped cake stand. bakingshop.com sells one here http://www.bakingshop.com/weddingcakes/heartstand.htm but the plates are all 1 inch wider than all my heart pans. Is this on purpose or do I want to put a 6 inch heart cake on a 6 inch separator plate? Does anyone have any ideas?? Oh yea and this wedding is 7 July so if I need to order something I need to do it quick. Please help!

7 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:36am
post #2 of 8

ihave a heart shaped wedding cake in my pictures, just cut your own boards heart shaped and use the regular plates and pillars, just make sure the boards you cut are bigger then the plate so it over hangs the edges.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:12am
post #3 of 8

They are 1 inch larger to accomadate the icing and your border. Your cake will fit prefectly on them

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:46am
post #4 of 8

You can always put the heart cakes on round boards/plates.

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 10:53am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the help guys! I was talking to a Wilton instructor at Michaels and she suggested the same just stick the hearts on round plates and make sure the plates are 2 inches smaller. So is using the 6 inch heart not going to work because no one sells 4 inch separator plates?

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 8

That's a lot to ask of you to buy all these plates and pans you'll need to accomodate a low-income bride.

There is a floating tier stand that has heart shaped plates, but the smallest plate is 8-inch.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 8

If I need a 6" cake with a no plate look, just skip the plate! Make sure you have 2 cardboards under the cake and use a little royal to attach the pillars to the board once you are on site.

dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 6:42am
post #8 of 8

I have a heart shaped wedding cake in my photos that is three tiers separated by columns. I used the Wilton heart shaped plates. They are fairly inexpensive and can be reused.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%