Putting Details On Sides Of Cakes

Decorating By littleredtonya Updated 3 Aug 2006 , 3:45am by Caykes2

littleredtonya Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 11:43am
post #1 of 14

Do they make a curved tip coupler. If so where do I get one. If not what is the best way to put details on the sides of cakes.

Thanks Tonya icon_smile.gif

13 replies
awolf24 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 11:58am
post #2 of 14

I don't know of a curved tip coupler. I end up stooping down to the level of my counter to do anything on the sides - not the best method. Some people use a turntable that you can angle to the side but I've seen mixed reviews about them (have not used it myself). Good luck! I'd love to hear everyone's advice.

brookej01 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 14

i'm pretty sure just yesterday i saw an angles coupler on a website while I was looking for something else...but of course at this minute i can't find it...I'll keep looking.

all4cake Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 14

I raise my turntable up by placing it on an upside down bucket that I've placed a piece of that non-slip drawer liner on.

brookej01 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 14

ok, so apparently I was nuts...i can't find it anywhere, sorry icon_confused.gif

butternut Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 14

I think that Wilton used to make an angled coupler but I'm pretty sure that it was discontiued. I haven't seen any in a long time.

peg818 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 14

just raise the cake up. you will be fine

all4cake Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:17pm
post #8 of 14

There is such a thing as an angled coupler...

Wilton used to sell it seperately...don't know if they still do...it is in this kit found on Amazon...


blessBeckysbaking Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:21pm
post #9 of 14

puting the cake on a bucket helps a lot

CarolAnn Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:29pm
post #10 of 14

I believe I've seen an angled coupler at the place I get my Wilton supplies. Seems like I've also seen angled tips too.

all4cake Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:35pm
post #11 of 14

Butternut is correct. The Wilton angled coupler has been discontinued. The one is the newer kits is being replaced by a standard coupler. One may get lucky and find them from time to time.

butternut Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 12:39pm
post #12 of 14

I just checked eBay and there are a couple of people selling them. Just search - angled coupler Wow, I just checked and one is already gone and the others are charging $8.00 for shipping for one coupler icon_eek.gif

brookej01 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 2:15am
post #13 of 14

it's nice to know I'm not nuts...hee hee icon_wink.gif

Caykes2 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:45am
post #14 of 14

I use the Wilton tilted turntable and it works great. It has a non slip padding so your cake won't slide. I do sit down so I can be eye level though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%