How Far Ahead Do You Make Your Buttercream Roses?

Decorating By Phyllis52 Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 5:04am by dewia

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 7

Can I make them a week ahead and refrigerate or freeze? Or is this a project for only a few days ahead of time?

6 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 7

I've made bc roses weeks ahead and froze in an airtight container. They were fine. I had some leftover frozen roses that came in very handy later on when I had a rush cake!

-Rezzy

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 7

If you're going to make them ahead of time, I prefer to air dry them, then store them in rubbermaid or tupperware. Anything frozen tends to melt when removed from the freezer.

I've kept air dried roses for way more than a week just sitting on my counter in a tupperware container.

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:10am
post #4 of 7

Thank you, that's a big help!

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:28am
post #5 of 7

I saw this receipe once for Airdried Buttercream Icing in the receipes. I think you can make this and make them even more advance if you want. Haven't tried yet, but I might.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:28am
post #6 of 7

I always refrigerate mine - makes them easy to transfer onto the cake. Just make sure you place them in a sealed container, or wrap them with saran wrap so they don't absorb fridge odors.

dewia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dewia Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:04am
post #7 of 7

Yup... refrigerate them would be better... even if I am using it right away, I always refrigerate them for around 10-15 minutes to make the transfer easier. If longer, just cover the container with plastic wrap so it doesn't absorb other odor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%