Fondant Flavor

Decorating By wendy_lou Updated 30 Jul 2006 , 9:29pm by leta

wendy_lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy_lou Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 7

Have I just gotten bad batches of fondant or does it just taste bad. I love the way it looks on a cake but hate the flavor! Any sudgestions?

6 replies
patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 7

No, you did not get a bad batch, fondant tastes horrible! If you want to use fondant make MMF, marshmellow fondant. The recipe is on this site and it tastes good!

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 7

She's right. Use MMF. You can flavor it whatever you want and it's easy to make and work with.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 7

depends on what type of fondant you are buying. If you are buying wiltons fondant, thats just the way it tastes. Try a different brand or try making your own. I haven't tried the MMF but hear it is very good. I use Satin ice fondant, and it has a wonderful vanilla flavor.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with peg818. Fondant flavors differ greatly among brands. I (and many others on CC) think Wilton's tastes just awful, but SatinIce, Pettinice, Regalice, and Massa Grischuna taste much better. I also haven't tried MMF yet, but the general consensus seems to be that it tastes great. Don't give up on fondant yet!! icon_smile.gif

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 7

Wilton fondant tastes like:
- soap
- play-doh
and
- clay

All combined into an awful-smelling dough.

Not that I know what those things taste like, but I can only imagine!

I've only used MMF to decorate with, and I LOVE it. Super easy, way cheap, and it tastes like a marshmallow dough. Yum!

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 7

Try choco-pan it is yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%