?'s On Stacked Wedding Cake Cookies

Baking By revel Updated 2 Jul 2007 , 9:10pm by ps3884

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 17

I'm a BM for my BF's wedding. We are planning on making the stacked wedding cake cookies. Is there a tutorial on these? Or could you give advice? What size of cutters do we use? And what type of icing to stack?

Thanks,
Angie

16 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 17

Check out Martha Stewart. The stacked wedding cake cookies that I have seen have come from her. I am sure that there are directions on her siite.

Stephanie

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 17

Well I searched for you and here is the link. There is a recipe and a video on how to make them

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=87b0cf06cd80f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Stephanie

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 17
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 17

Elisa Strauss also has a version in her new book. I think those are cuter than MS's version.

revel Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 17

Thank you so much for this info! I really appreciate it!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 17

I made these for my sister's bridal shower. I used Martha's link but, there wasn't a video when I made them. icon_cry.gif They were a big hit at the shower. Can't wait to see yours! thumbs_up.gif

revel Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:53am
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3884

I made these for my sister's bridal shower. I used Martha's link but, there wasn't a video when I made them. icon_cry.gif They were a big hit at the shower. Can't wait to see yours! thumbs_up.gif

Would you happen to have a pic of your cookies? Also how far in advance can you make this? Can you freeze them?

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:27am
post #9 of 17

I have Elisa Strauss' book so PM me if you want the instructions scanned.

ps3884 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by revel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3884

Would you happen to have a pic of your cookies? Also how far in advance can you make this? Can you freeze them?

Not the best picture but, here's a photo of the ones I did.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=45725

I baked the cookies two days before the shower and decorated/stacked/packaged the day before the shower. I made 75 of them with 9 cookies each. That was a lot of cookies! One of my cousins helped ice and stack them. I couldn't have done that many without her help. I made a 3 tier cake as well, it was a long night! icon_confused.gif

Sorry I can't help with the question about freezing - I've never tried with sugar cookies. Hopefully, someone else can shed some light on cookie freezing for you.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:22pm
post #11 of 17

revel- You can certainly bake the cookies and freeze them naked- I know people say you can also freeze them iced, too- but I'm always too scared to take the chance- I would bake and freeze all of them well in advance- and then just thaw, ice, and stack. Have fun!!!

revel Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #12 of 17

ps3884 your cookies look fabulous! One more question..lol..where did you get the packaging for the cookies?

ps3884 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:42am
post #13 of 17

Thanks! I bought the boxes from www.papermart.com

http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-80.htm#GO_83082

They are clear PVC Tuck Top & bottom boxes (I bought size 4x4x4).

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 12:32am
post #14 of 17

How much would you charge for these stacked wedding cake cookies?

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 8:07pm
post #15 of 17

Bump- any one have any idea on pricing?
THANKS!

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:23pm
post #16 of 17

One tip for those cookies is to ice and dry them before stacking, then glue them to each other with a dot of RI in the center. If you stack them before the icing dries, they're difficult to get apart for consuming and can break, crack, and crumble while trying to wrench them apart. With a little dot of RI (obviously, enough to hold them together securely), each cookie will pop apart whole without compromising the rest of the stack.

ps3884 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 9:10pm
post #17 of 17

Zahrah - that's how I made mine, ice, dry and "glue" with RI.

I'm sorry I'm not much help on pricing. I made mine for my sister's bridal shower, so I wasn't really thinking about what I should charge. I remember reading (when I was making them) that others charged upwards of $9.00 - for each favor, depending on the size/# of cookies used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%