Need Help Fast Please!! Wedding Is Tomorrow..take A Look!

Decorating By gibson Updated 6 Aug 2006 , 1:48am by MessiET

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 1:45pm
post #31 of 51

You did a lovely job!!! I am so glad it all worked out. See, you were worrying for nothing!!!

Cindy

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 6:38pm
post #32 of 51

Beautiful, I knew you could do it, ccrs knew you could do it, and I hope you now know that you could do it too. All that worrying and it came out great--good job thumbs_up.gif

bunit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunit Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:04am
post #33 of 51

I must agree... I wish I could make my roses as good as thoes! They are all uniform, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about! Your stringwork is fine too! Buttercream has natural "bubble" spots, and the garland markers will blend in smoothly.. Your stringwork is the same all around in depth and diameter, so I think it looks just fine... Am looking forward to the final pic!! Happy baking, and good luck! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:15am
post #34 of 51

Beautiful job on the roses and the cake.

pbertone1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbertone1005 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:21am
post #35 of 51

I wish my roses looked that good.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:33am
post #36 of 51

Trust me one day very you will be posting cakes that you'll feel confident will impress. It hasn't been that long ago that I felt the same way about my work. And I am in total agreeance that it is no way as bad as you think. When you know a mistake or flaw is there you will keep looking at it. When people look at your cake, they look at the whole picture. And yes, beautiful roses. I HATE roses, what a pain!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:40am
post #37 of 51

BTW I just saw your finished product, and WOW! I would have been a happy bride as well!

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:14am
post #38 of 51

The finished cake looks fabulous! I knew you could do it...and glad to here the client liked it as well, THAT'S what really counts!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 3:32am
post #39 of 51

Thank you all very much! This is why I love CC.....it's such a great support system. Thank you all for making me feel a whole lot better! icon_biggrin.gif

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 2:38pm
post #40 of 51

How did it turn out? I hope good. Your roses were beautiful. To stop bulges always construct your cakes top down. I learned this from www.sugarcraft.com. I was taught to put tops together and it always bulged. When I asked this question on sugarcraft, they taught me to do this and I haven't had a problem with bulging since. Also, we are more critical with our work than our customers are. (Well, most customers) Good luck!!
Vicky

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 7:44pm
post #41 of 51

It looks a whole lot better than any of my cakes!!!!LOL but like I always say to girls like you and like my cake instructor once said just because you notice those flaws doesn't mean anyone else can,they don't know the difference!!f they doing then their noses are too close to your cake. Your cake looks fine by me do like the other ladies suggested and walk away from it for little bit then come back and look at it from far away noone is going to look at a cake as close as we do when we decorate one. and if they can do better than you then why aren't they making the cake!!!!! Hope this makes you feel better

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 1:45am
post #42 of 51

i will add the same thng that everyone is saying. the roses are perfectly fine. as for the holes i had to look at the picture two times cause i didnt see them. when the cake is put together it will be great.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 1:46am
post #43 of 51

EXCELLENT JOB!!! The things we worry about the most usually wind up being something small-I understand your worry but you did great!!

vicky Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:58am
post #44 of 51

Gibson,
See, your cake turned out beautiful. You should have seen my first wedding cake icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif The more you do, the better you get.
As for the bulging,I used to have trouble with bulging because I was taught to put the cake tops together. This is incorrect. Before I found cakecentral, I talked to www.sugarcraft.com and they advised me to always stack the cakes top down. Since then, I never had a cake bulge again. It was like a miracle because that was a big problem of mine.

Vicky

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 3:14am
post #45 of 51

Why does putting the cakes "tops down" help with the bulging? I love that there is such a simple answer to this annoying problem but I'm the type of person that needs the whys with the hows! Thanks!

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 3:16am
post #46 of 51

I tried to make roses tonite for a disney princess cake tonite, after not making any for the past several months. I didn't even come close to what you did! Your roses are perfect! The entire cake is beautiful. You dressed the table elegantly, btw. String work is very difficult, don't feel intimidated at all. I am also very critical of my string work, but everyone always raves about it.
A little trick I learned from my Wilton instructor to avoid the little dots when doing string work:
Go to the sewing section of any store. There is this little metal ruler with a sliding notch on it. Use your cake divider mat to mark where you want to space your swags. Then, go half way between each two marks and measure up from the bottom of the cake where you want the lowest point of your swag to fall. That is what the little notch on the slide is for. Then you will only have one little mark on your cake, and if you take your time with your strings, they should just fall evenly as you pipe. I don't know how else to explain this method, but its not as confusing as I make it sound. If anyone else knows what I'm talking about, perhaps you can explain it in more simple terms.
Other than that, I think your cakes turned out wonderful.

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:10pm
post #47 of 51

I think the little metal ruler you are talking about is called a "hem ruler", I have one! I also use it to cut my dowels for the stacked cakes. You can insert it into the cake to measure for length, and use the metal marker to mark all dowels to precisely the same length! When you're done just throw it in the dishwasher to clean!

vicky Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 5:29pm
post #48 of 51

I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with settling. One of the more experienced cake decorators, I think Delores from sugarcraft put out an article explaining all of that. I don't know, it works. It's like a miracle because for 10 years I did it the other way and always had a bulge, sometimes larger than others. It was so frustrating. Once I tried the tops down method, all bulges dissappeared and have been doing so ever since. Try it.
Vicky

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 9:25pm
post #49 of 51

Thank you for the advice . . . I will definitely try the tops down method. If fixing bulges on cakes is that simple, i can't imagine any reason to do it any other way!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 1:41am
post #50 of 51

The cakes turned out beautiful! I always stack my cakes with the "bottoms" together - it does help. Another use for the Hem marker tool is to mark the sides of a cake for the basketweave pattern.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 1:48am
post #51 of 51

What a great idea to use the hem ruler! I guess I need to use some of my sewing tools in the kitchen since I don't really sew! LOL icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%