Any Ideas For Filling Chocolate Mud Cake??

Decorating By kuki Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 12:26pm by kuki

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:02am
post #1 of 7

I made chocolate mud cake from Naty's recipe and I need some ideas for filling.. can you help me??

6 replies
maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 8:40am
post #2 of 7

I've put lemon curd in my choc mud cake and that was a hit. I love that combo because the lemon cuts through the density and sweetness of a choc mud cake. You could also try fresh raspberries with whipped cream maybe?

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:04am
post #3 of 7

ive got an order for saturday and they want mudcake with an irish creme filling... not too sure if you guys can get the fillings over there we can. Maybe try a buttercream icing with some baileys or something like that?
Just an idea?
Guess its depending on who its for too.

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:47am
post #4 of 7

I don't do many fillings because mudcake is already fairly rich but I have used ganache it is a good basic filling for mudcake and you can also use it to ice the cake or under fondant and I have also done a chocolate hazelnut filling (used Nutella in it) which was yummy.

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:23am
post #5 of 7

off subject I know, but oooh Ozcake! Only 20days til bub comes? Wow! icon_eek.gif
That is wonderful! Ah memories.. I am sooo clucky! icon_rolleyes.gif ( already have 2!!)
Good luck with it all and I hope you get a great baby that sleeps really well!! thumbs_up.gif

And kuki, I vote for ganache filling too, it's easy and yummy.

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:56am
post #6 of 7

Thanks Keira for all the good wishes icon_smile.gif we are looking forward to it, I am a little apprehensive about the birth part of it (surely there has got to be a better way to get that baby out icon_wink.gif lol) but really looking forward to bringing the baby home.

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your help.. I decide I will be using white chocolate ganache and I will put some irish cream on it.. it will be good.!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%