Nancy Drew Cake?

Decorating By potatocakes Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 4:45am by Lia

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 5

I have just gotten an order for a Nancy Drew cake for a bunch of 13 year old girls for next Monday. Any ideas for a cool mystery/detective type cake? Thanks!

4 replies
jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:02am
post #2 of 5

i am picturing a cake in the shape of a book. One side of the book is a diary of a teenage girl, the other side is clues to a mystery!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:19am
post #3 of 5

Look up the current Nancy Drew books, you might find some good ideas from that.
I'm pretty sure you can't go with the stuff from years ago, I think she's changed quite a bit over the years.

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:54am
post #4 of 5

Check this link out! I just watched the trailor and some of the videos. I'm thinking something from her detective kit would be cool. The movie revolves around a will, so maybe the will with her clue notebook and a magnifying glass lying on top. Or in the beginning of the trailor she is looking at a black book with yellow crime scene tape on the front. I think it's called"Everything Is Evidence". That would be cute with the magnifying glass and a flash light or something on it! This sounds like a fun theme for a cake!!!! Have fun!!

http://nancydrewmovie.warnerbros.com/

Lia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lia Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:45am
post #5 of 5

I play the Nancy Drew computer games all the time haha Some things from that might be great. They have great pictures of a Nancy Drew shadow that keeps the identity a mystery so kids can still use their imagination. With a magnifying glass, i think would be really cute. Maybe even a classic cover from when the books first came out.
HTH!

xo
-lia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%