Mmf Worries

Decorating By apwrep Updated 27 Jul 2006 , 12:57pm by apwrep

apwrep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwrep Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 5

I have only been decorating cakes for a few months and I use nothing but buttercream and sometimes fondant accents. I have a few questions I'm hoping some of you can help me out with. What in the world is MMF? Is it something you make or buy or what? Can you color fondant. I've just been using the already colored fondant that you buy in the stores.....and it ain't cheap! I am self-taught so I have nobody to go to with these questions. You're just so limited to what you can do with buttercream and I would like to be able to expand my capabilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 5

MMF = Marshmallow Fondant

There is a recipe for making this in the Recipe Section of this website. If is much better tasting than the Wilton fondant, it is pretty easy to work with and accepts color very well!

BTW...welcome to Cakecental, glad to have you here!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 5

That stands for Marshmallow Fondant. There is a recipe on this site to make it. It tastes way better than the Wilton store bought kind, which can get expensive. Yes, you can color fondant yourself, just put some of your gel color in and knead it until it is mixed. If you need a large batch, you can put it in after melting the marshmallows for MMF.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

Welcome to CakeCentral apwrep!! Here is a link to an article about MMF icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/article47-How-to-Make-and-Decorate-with-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

hope this helps!

apwrep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwrep Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much. That clears up alot. I'm going to check out that recipe and see what happens! Thanks again for the welcome. This is the best website an amateur cake decorator like myself could possibly hope for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%