Florida State Colors

Decorating By Momof-4 Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 5:18pm by Momof-4

Momof-4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof-4 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 8

I am trying to get the deep burgandy color to match FSU.I bought the Wilton Burgandy and it turned my double batch of icing pink.If someone could please help me.I need to know what to add to make that color.I am so freaking out my cake is due at 3.I didn't anticipate any problems but here I am with a major problem.I will NEVER wait this late again.

Thanks,Jamie

7 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 8

Have you tried adding cocoa powder?

Momof-4 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 8

I tried everything. icon_sad.gif .It was ruined. This was the worst cake day of my life.I will post pictures icon_redface.gif .I through away the burgandy and decided to do the gold, well it ended up looking orange.Luckily this is for my neighbor.They were going to pay but I am just going to give it to them.
I can't believe it took all day and I am still so unhappy with it.
Jamie

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 8

Sorry you had so much trouble with your colors. I know dark colors are harder to achieve. They do deepen over time so making them the night before can be really helpful.

I can't resist saying GO NOLES!!!!

Momof-4 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you! It still looks orange to me.But since its free they will be ok with it.
I love Nole too! My neighbors daughter just graduated and is on her way there next month.And she turns 18 today.
I put the picture in my gallery.Its terrible. icon_sad.gif

Thelaw23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thelaw23 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 8

Nah it doesn't look so bad! ANything is better than garnet and gold! GO GATORS BABY! icon_surprised.gif Sorry I had to with all this Noles love going on here!

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 8

If it helps any at all I have been a Nole fan now for over 50 years. I have seen the garnet range anywhere from almost red to rust to wine and the gold from bright yellow or a more orange color.

I think your cake looks great and can't really seen a big difference between the yellow in your cake and the color on your board. By the way I love the board!

Momof-4 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you both! They thought it looked great.Which I'm sure they wouldn't tell me otherwise. icon_smile.gif

My house is divided.LOL My husband is a Gators fan.It makes a interesting football season.

Jamie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%