Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf- Update

Decorating By rhopar33 Updated 2 Dec 2014 , 9:12pm by mkholm

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:19pm
post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy729

could you use this recipe to make chocolate fondant?

I actually have a choc mmf recipe posted. Search: Rhonda's Ultimate Chocolate MMF.

Let me know if you can't find it!
Rhonda

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:30pm
post #32 of 51

I could not find it. Could you give me the link? Also, have you tried Butivan for the flavor? I don't have any creme royal.

Thanks!
Amy

Gretta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gretta Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:36pm
post #33 of 51

Check in the "White Cake" recipe section. This is where I stumbled up both recipes. Need to contact CC "powers-that-be" to see how to get these moved into the fondant recipe section. icon_smile.gif

Amy729 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:44pm
post #34 of 51

It is probably me but I still can't find it. Can anyone post the link?
Thanks!
Amy

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:45pm
post #35 of 51

For those looking, here is the chocolate MMF recipe:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_id-add_box-3193.html

Amy729 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:56pm
post #36 of 51

Thanks! Does this make a dark brown color or light brown?

jesaltuve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesaltuve Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 12:09pm
post #37 of 51

Where is it best to keep MMF. Fridge or Freezer or just airtight?

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 12:25pm
post #38 of 51

I am doing a large wedding and groom's cake next weekend, both covered in fondant. I am going to try your fondant out on that cake. Have tried several and not really happy with results. Look forward to trying it. BTW I will be using the regular and chocolate.

Susan

Peg2665 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peg2665 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 12:27pm
post #39 of 51

I have tried other MMF recipies and had issues with both, dry, cracked etc. Last night I tried your recipe and right away it was different. The consistence/texture was smooth, didn't stick. Now I need to roll it out. do I grease my surface or dust it? I think I used way to much powdered sugar before which dried it out. Help

Lisa422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa422 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:40am
post #40 of 51

I used your recipe for my very first time making and using fondant. It was super easy to make and delicious. I have tasted others and all I can say is YUCK! But I liked yours so much I had to make NFSC to top with the fondant. I also used it in my present cake from course 3 in my photos. Thank you so much for the recipe. Can't wait to try the chocolate icon_smile.gif

Lisa

chrystal22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrystal22 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:31pm
post #41 of 51

I just experimented with fondant for the first time for DM's 50th. I used both your recipes(mmf and cmmf). I thought the mmf was fabulous, loved the taste. Definately need practice on rollin that stuff out.

Now, the chocolate tasted wonderful!!!, but the consistancy was awful. Nomatter what I did to it, I would just break apart. I even tried making another batch(the night before the cake was needed) and that did not turn out either, I added less powder the second time and that did not help. I followed all instructions to the T, and left it sit 24 hrs. What happened????

mcataylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcataylor Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 12:57am
post #42 of 51

Love the recipe as well. It turned out great. Great consistency. I ALWAYS add less PS than I think it needs. Just bite your lip and stop adding!!!!
I can always knead in more after it sits 24 hours and when I use it. That helps alot with my consistency and keeping it from cracking and getting dry. My avatar pink, green, and brown cake used this recipe to cover it.

BTW
One reason I think it's not coming up in searches as well is the " ' " betwewen the 'a' and 's' in Rhonda's Ultimate MMf

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:21am
post #43 of 51

I too made the Ultimate MMF and experienced success somewhat. This is my first MMF covered cake. I definitely need more practice but I did get the cake covered this time without just throwing out my MMF creation. icon_eek.gif

My problem was rolling it out on the mat. I used powdered sugar....there was spots of it on the fondant. How do you not get powdered sugar on it? I did have to put down the powdered sugar to keep it from sticking to the mat? Or could I use shortening?

I also experienced some tearing during rolling. I kept re-balling it to close that tear.

Any suggestions?

sweetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetrat Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:26pm
post #44 of 51

I've never had trouble with it sticking, but I've also never rolled it on a mat. I just clean my countertop within an inch of it's life and coat it very well with crisco. I just read a tip that uses freezer paper (the shiny side). Just tape it to the counter top and go. Then, just pull it off and throw it away. Now that was a GREAT tip! No mess and cheap! I loved it. I just made this recipe for the 1st time today. I've been working with MMF for over a year. I was surprised at the soft, smooth consistency this had. Very nice! And the taste was great. Sweetness was cut by quite a bit without reducing flavor. I'll see when I roll it our tomorrow how it works then with drying, etc. So far so good!

sweetrat Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #45 of 51

I've never had trouble with it sticking, but I've also never rolled it on a mat. I just clean my countertop within an inch of it's life and coat it very well with crisco. I just read a tip that uses freezer paper (the shiny side). Just tape it to the counter top and go. Then, just pull it off and throw it away. Now that was a GREAT tip! No mess and cheap! I loved it. I just made this recipe for the 1st time today. I've been working with MMF for over a year. I was surprised at the soft, smooth consistency this had. Very nice! And the taste was great. Sweetness was cut by quite a bit without reducing flavor. I'll see when I roll it our tomorrow how it works then with drying, etc. So far so good!

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 9:09pm
post #46 of 51

Just a word of warning!!!!

The first time I tried mixing my MMF in my KA, it was fine but the second time, when it was just getting to the point of holding all together with the dough hook, it somehow jammed itself between the dough hook and the side of the bowl and completely stripped the gears in my KA. I NEVER want to take a chance mixing it in there again.....it cost me over $100 to get my KA fixed!!!!

sweetrat Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:07am
post #47 of 51

Wow, I had heard of others having problems but just assumed they were mixing it on too high a speed. Will definitely stay right by it and think twice about doing it again! icon_eek.gif

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 31 May 2014 , 11:20am
post #48 of 51

Is the Creme Royal the same as Creme Bouque? Do they taste the same?

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 31 May 2014 , 11:24am
post #49 of 51

Is Creme Royal the same as Creme Bouquet and does it taste the same?

rrobles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rrobles Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 8:51pm
post #50 of 51

AI made this twice, first one was lumpy, second was better, but sticky and when rolled out on the mat, it's too sticky/soft and doesn't look smooth, tears easily. How can I fix this batch? I followed instructions and made in my KA with hook.

mkholm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkholm Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 9:12pm
post #51 of 51

Hi Rhonda, can you just clarify the recipe for me as I am a bit confused. You say add 6 cups of sugar and knead and then turn mixture out onto the work surface and then sift remaining sugar. Am I right in reading that you sift a remaining full cup over the ball of fondant on the counter and then knead that in as this seemed like it created a big mess and I wasn't sure why this last cup couldn't be kneaded in the bowl like the rest of the cups. The instructions then say to add an additional cup if necessary.

If you are making it with your KA do you just put the 7 cups straight into the bowl or do you add it cup by cup up to 6 cups and then turn it out and add the 7th cup on the work surface?

Or did I completely misinterpret the instructions altogether?

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%