Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf- Update

Decorating By rhopar33 Updated 2 Dec 2014 , 9:12pm by mkholm

rhopar33 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 51

Hey Guys,

A few months back I posted my Ultimate MMF and Ultimate Choc MMF recipes. I've gotten some really great feedback from those of you have have tried the recipes.

I have a few updates: I recently added 1/2 tsp Creme Royal instead of the 1/2 tsp. Princess Cake and Cookie Emulsion and the taste was simply awesome! In fact, I think this is the best flavor yet.

Also, I was finally brave enough to use my KA and dough hook to mix my fondant and WOW, I never knew mixing fondant could be so easy! I'll never knead by hand again. I was able to complete a batch in 20 minutes in my KA vs. 30-35 minutes when I mix by hand.

Also, I have found that if you take your batch, slice it into 3 hunks and stick in microwave for 20 secs or so just before rolling, you will have a super smooth texture that is easy to roll out.

Lastly, some of you were asking how many cakes will one batch cover. Well, I can easily cover a double layer 6 inch and 8 inch with one batch and still have a tad left over. I covered a 5 tier square wedding cake this weekend w/ four batches.

Happy baking!!!!
Rhonda

50 replies
gourmetcakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 51

How long does your fondant last if you don't need to use an entire batch. I have been making the small batches of MMF, but would like to try your recipe.

Housemouse Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 51

Many thanks for your update - this is just to ask when you divide the batch and microwave it for about 20 seconds, at what power is that? )eg 10%power in a 600 w microwave?)

tia
Housemouse

lanesmom Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 51

What is Creme Royal?

rhopar33 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gourmetcakes

How long does your fondant last if you don't need to use an entire batch. I have been making the small batches of MMF, but would like to try your recipe.




I've always used mine within a day or so, but I would imagine it lasts as long as most MMF recipes. Just keep it wrapped tightly and it should have the same shelf life as the others.

Rhonda

rhopar33 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housemouse

Many thanks for your update - this is just to ask when you divide the batch and microwave it for about 20 seconds, at what power is that? )eg 10%power in a 600 w microwave?)

tia
Housemouse




I just checked and I have a 1200W microwave. What I typically do is take the block of fondant, divide it into thirds and put it in the microwave for 15-20 intervals until soft. If you only need half or a portion of the batch, I recommend 5-8 second intervals until soft. I have found theat this technique gives you an incredibly easy fondant to roll with no tearing/streching, etc.

Rhonda

rhopar33 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanesmom

What is Creme Royal?




Creme Royal is a deliciousd flavor emulsion that you can use with, or, in place of vanilla extract. I use it in all my buttercream recipes and I have started using it in my mmf. You can get it from sugarcraft.

Rhonda

Katskakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:35pm
post #8 of 51

thanks! I think i paged you about this. i love, love, love your recipe. it's so easy to make. As for doing it in the KA mixer, that's how i first did the regular MMF and it worked well for me too.

surfgirl Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 51

Thanks Rhonda!!! I've been making your recipe too and I just love it! I made another batch last night for a cake for this weekend. I'll try the microwave trick. Best MMF recipe by far!!

Gretta Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 51

A couple of questions... Why isn't this mmf recipe listed in the "frosting" section of recipes under 'fondant'? I just happened upon it in the "white cakes" section. Also, I made a reg. mmf recipe (i.e. 16 oz. marshmellows, water, and powdered sugar). Can I still add the remaining ingredients for Rhonda's recipe? Also, has anyone down sized this recipe? If so, could I get the proportions? Thanks.

rhopar33 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:57pm
post #11 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgirl

Thanks Rhonda!!! I've been making your recipe too and I just love it! I made another batch last night for a cake for this weekend. I'll try the microwave trick. Best MMF recipe by far!!




Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to keep you all posted as I try different variations!

girltrapped Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:11pm
post #12 of 51

I can't find the recipe... icon_cry.gif ...would someone help me out?

vpaz24 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:21pm
post #13 of 51

This sounds great, I haven't tried it yet, but definitely will.

jewelykaye Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:27pm
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by girltrapped

I can't find the recipe... icon_cry.gif ...would someone help me out?




http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3183-Rhondas-Ultimate-MMF.html

Gretta Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 9:18pm
post #15 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretta

A couple of questions... Why isn't this mmf recipe listed in the "frosting" section of recipes under 'fondant'? I just happened upon it in the "white cakes" section. Also, I made a reg. mmf recipe (i.e. 16 oz. marshmellows, water, and powdered sugar). Can I still add the remaining ingredients for Rhonda's recipe? Also, has anyone down sized this recipe? If so, could I get the proportions? Thanks.




This is such a great recipe... it needs to be put with the fondant recipes. icon_smile.gif I know others are looking for it too. Can anyone help me out with my other q's? Thanks.

rhopar33 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:34am
post #16 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretta

A couple of questions... Why isn't this mmf recipe listed in the "frosting" section of recipes under 'fondant'? I just happened upon it in the "white cakes" section. Also, I made a reg. mmf recipe (i.e. 16 oz. marshmellows, water, and powdered sugar). Can I still add the remaining ingredients for Rhonda's recipe? Also, has anyone down sized this recipe? If so, could I get the proportions? Thanks.



This is such a great recipe... it needs to be put with the fondant recipes. icon_smile.gif I know others are looking for it too. Can anyone help me out with my other q's? Thanks.




Gretta,

I guess I didn't realize I had placed it under the wrong section. Does anyone know how I can move it?

Housemouse Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:53pm
post #17 of 51

Many thanks Rhonda for the info re power setting for microwave!
housemouse

yellobutterfly Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:07pm
post #18 of 51

Thanks Rhonda, I was having problems with the recipe I was using - I can't wait to try yours!

maggiev777 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:46am
post #19 of 51

Hi Rhonda - I used your MMF for my first ever fondant cake this past weekend and it was wonderful! Easy to work with and had no problems whatsoever.

Can you add the tips you are mentioning to the original recipe? That way they will be easy to find and remember the next time I make it! Thanks!!

rhopar33 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:51am
post #20 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiev777

Hi Rhonda - I used your MMF for my first ever fondant cake this past weekend and it was wonderful! Easy to work with and had no problems whatsoever.

Can you add the tips you are mentioning to the original recipe? That way they will be easy to find and remember the next time I make it! Thanks!!




Yes, I actually went back and added the tips to the recipe. I'll have to check it to make sure it posted!

Thanks for the feedback,
Rhonda

yellobutterfly Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:56am
post #21 of 51

Rhonda, just wondering if you use this in place of all fondant? For instance, would you also use this recipe to make flowers, drapes, figures, etc. as you would regular fondant? Do you add gumtex to it as you would fondant for making roses, etc? Thanks!

rhopar33 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:07pm
post #22 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

Rhonda, just wondering if you use this in place of all fondant? For instance, would you also use this recipe to make flowers, drapes, figures, etc. as you would regular fondant? Do you add to it as you would fondant for making roses, etc? Thanks!




Yes, I use this for all my fondant. When I want to make bows/flowers, etc., I add gumtex.

Rhonda

momof5kiki Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:16pm
post #23 of 51

I LOVE your MMF. I think that it is wonderful! I always get it sooo smooth, it is great. Thank you so much for sharing with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhopar33 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:00pm
post #24 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5kiki

I LOVE your MMF. I think that it is wonderful! I always get it sooo smooth, it is great. Thank you so much for sharing with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the feedback!

Rhonda

Gretta Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:36pm
post #25 of 51

How much gum tex do you add when making your full recipe to make bows, flowers, etc?

rhopar33 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:54pm
post #26 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretta

How much gum tex do you add when making your full recipe to make bows, flowers, etc?




I have only added gumtex to portions of the mmf; usually about 1 tsp per 12 oz of mmf. I have a food scale so I weigh the fondant.

Rhonda

Gretta Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:59pm
post #27 of 51

Note to self... buy a better food scale. Thanks!

ladij153 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #28 of 51

Hi Rhonda,

Just a quick question about the Creme Royal. Is it the same thing as Butavan or Creme Bouquet? I have been wanting to try those and actually just bought a bottle of Creme Bouquet but haven't used yet.

mcdonald Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:16pm
post #29 of 51

creme royal is the same type flavoring as creme bouquet and butavan... just a different flavor

Amy729 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:17pm
post #30 of 51

could you use this recipe to make chocolate fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%