1St Bakery Job!!

Business By sreale Updated 12 Jun 2007 , 12:53pm by sreale

sreale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sreale Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:09am
post #1 of 6

I finally did it! Gave up my cubicle today to pursue my dream of cake decorating! I start in a privately owned bakery next week and am extremely nervous. Anyone have some advice they can lend? icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:12am
post #2 of 6

Wear comfortable shoes! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, though. If you're not used to standing up and running around for 8 hours a day, your feet and legs and back are gonna kill you for like a week or so. It gets better after a while. But you do need a good pair of comfy shoes!

And congratulations!

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:20am
post #3 of 6

Congratulations! Any new job is always nervewracking! Just be prepared to be overwhelmed. Every bakery has their own system and it will take you a while to adjust. You might want to think about picking a little spiral notebook (3"x5") and sticking it in your pocket with a pen to jot down any notes the first few days. I have a terrible time remembering stuff when it's thrown at me, so I always keep and post-its and such close by! It will be exciting, so just jump in with both feet and have fun! -Lori

libranikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libranikki Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:56am
post #4 of 6

No real advice because the pp said what I was going to, but CONGRATS!

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 6

Remember, everything you learn there is valuable information. My WMI told me think of it as you are being paid to learn. How awesome is that!

sreale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sreale Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 6

Aah, right, comfy shoes. Didn't even think about that one. It'll be nice not to have to wear business clothes!!! Thanks for all of your well wishes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%