Debbie Brown's Noah's Ark Cake

Decorating By randipanda Updated 15 Aug 2012 , 2:29am by CakeStore

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:05am
post #1 of 8

Okay, I found a picture of Debbie Brown's noah's ark cake from her 50 Easy Party Cake book. This would be perfect for a baby shower cake that I am doing for this weekend. Yes, I should be starting on this sooner, but I only heard about this baby shower yesterday, for Friday! Problem is I don't have that book. No problem, I think, I'll just go pick it up. Barnes and Noble? Nope, on order. Borders? No luck. Libraries? All out, I'm not even next in line. The next county over...maybe can get someone else to check it out for me? Nope, all checked out too.

Soooo, I could use a little help. Would anyone who does own this book take the time to send me the instructions? I'd really appreciate it. I hate to ask because of copyrights and so forth, but I am going to buy the book-I just can't get it in time, so it only kinda breaks the rules right?

Thanks!

7 replies
kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:59am
post #2 of 8

When I made my Noah's Ark (you can see it in my photos or on my website) I looked at Debbie Brown's cake, too. The only thing I really took away from it was that she used oval pans, and then tapered them. Everything else was pretty self explanatory, I thought.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:07am
post #3 of 8

Im not sure about Debbie Browns cake but at the Mid-Atlantic show their was a really cute Noah's Ark cake with a rainbow and elephants holding balloons. I think I have a copy of it if you would like me to email it to you. It was Nick Lodge's assistant that entered it I believe. She won an award for it.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:10am
post #4 of 8

PM me if you still don't have the instructions - I'll scan and send them to you.

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 4:21am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Im not sure about Debbie Browns cake but at the Mid-Atlantic show their was a really cute Noah's Ark cake with a rainbow and elephants holding balloons. I think I have a copy of it if you would like me to email it to you. It was Nick Lodge's assistant that entered it I believe. She won an award for it.

Yeah, that was an awesome cake. I definitely have a picture of it if weirkd doesn't.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone! I got the instructions and am going to try my hand at it this week. I'll probably need to be baking today. I'm excited! Wish me luck!!

Randi

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 8

Woot, GL!! And make sure to post a pic, I just love the look of those cakes, they are so cute!! Jen

CakeStore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeStore Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 2:29am
post #8 of 8

I just got an order for a Noah's Cake for this Saturday and I cant find Debbie's Brown book. Went to B&N, Michaels, Amazon (3 days) and of course I need it asap.
Soooo, I could use a little help. Would anyone who does own this book take the time to send me the instructions?

Thanks for your time and appreciated help.
PD: I just found her gorgeous work and I will buy the book
Another question...what is the portion size for this cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%