Advice Needed

Decorating By deepthi Updated 11 Jun 2007 , 6:14pm by deepthi

deepthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deepthi Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone..
This is Deepthi. I have been on cake central for sometime now and I love this website thumbs_up.gif

My town is going to have a summer indoor family event and they have invited people to put up food stations there. I am planning to have a booth there and sell my cakes by the piece. This is the first time I will be doing something like this and am very tensed. I also thought I will have a couple of display cakes (like a castle, train) so that I can market my business too.

I have never made sheet cakes and was wondering if we can use the sheet cake pans that we get at wilton. I have seen some people bake sheet cakes in cookie sheets (in food network) and was wondering if any one tried it before.

Any advice on how to go about it will be greatly appreciated. I know there are lot of people here who have been doing cakes for a long time now..

Thanks a bunch in advance
icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Thelaw23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thelaw23 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 4

Hi I have done a sheet cake in a cookie pan and it turned out great. Here is what I do a lot if I am not really decorating just needing lots of cake for lots of people.(It's confusing so I will try to explain it easy) I do cake in a cookie sheet and I do half of the cookie sheet in chocolate and the other half in white, just have someone on the other side of that cookie sheet with the other bowl of batter and you both pour evenly at the same time, it basically meets in the middle. So now you have half and half white and chocolate then bake. When it is done I ice the cake with a white and a chocolate frosting but frost it half and half the opposite direction of how you put the batter in. In other words if you put the batter in the short way frost your cake the long way making the white and chocolate meet in the middle (so the lines would form a cross if you could see both lines, you have 4 quadrants ) am I making since? icon_eek.gif The great thing about this way is now you have white cake with chocolate frosting and white cake with white frosting and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate cake with white frosting. Something for everybody all in one pan instead of having to bake 4 different cakes in 4 different pans!! It is really neat and easy (once you get the hang of it). Super great for lots of people.
I
choc cake I white cake
choc frost I choc frost
I
-------------------------------------------
choc cake I white cake
white frost I white frost
I
I

Thelaw23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thelaw23 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 4

Hi I have done a sheet cake in a cookie pan and it turned out great. Here is what I do a lot if I am not really decorating just needing lots of cake for lots of people.(It's confusing so I will try to explain it easy) I do cake in a cookie sheet and I do half of the cookie sheet in chocolate and the other half in white, just have someone on the other side of that cookie sheet with the other bowl of batter and you both pour evenly at the same time, it basically meets in the middle. So now you have half and half white and chocolate then bake. When it is done I ice the cake with a white and a chocolate frosting but frost it half and half the opposite direction of how you put the batter in. In other words if you put the batter in the short way frost your cake the long way making the white and chocolate meet in the middle (so the lines would form a cross if you could see both lines, you have 4 quadrants ) am I making since? icon_eek.gif The great thing about this way is now you have white cake with chocolate frosting and white cake with white frosting and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate cake with white frosting. Something for everybody all in one pan instead of having to bake 4 different cakes in 4 different pans!! It is really neat and easy (once you get the hang of it). Super great for lots of people.
I
choc cake I white cake
choc frost I choc frost
I
-------------------------------------------
choc cake I white cake
white frost I white frost
I
I

deepthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deepthi Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks a lot for your response. Thatz a great idea to bake 2 cakes in one.

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%