You Know That You're Addicted When....

Decorating By SusieMcG Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 8:00pm by KayDay

SusieMcG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieMcG Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:52am
post #1 of 13

....you click on your "Favorites" link to get to CakeCentral.com and when you see the 'Down for Maintenance' page and you start having heart palpitations, get the shakes, and your trembling hands start clicking back every 3 minutes hoping that it will be up again!

I am in total shock and disbelief over how many hours I'm spending on this website these days and how addicted I've become!!! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:06am
post #2 of 13

SusieMcG--
You wait until you have been on here a couple of years...the addiction doesn't get any better...LOL!!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:32am
post #3 of 13

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have to agree with both of you!! icon_biggrin.gif

Here's what makes me panic ... when there's a glitch and I click on "View Posts Since Last Visit", and nothing comes up!!! icon_cry.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:32am
post #4 of 13

ooohhh oooohhhh ooohhhhhh DS (3 months old) was in the hospital for 6 days this past week.. thank god he is fine now... but Holy Cow did I miss you all, and did I miss making my cakes! So I must be addicted icon_smile.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:35am
post #5 of 13

SugarBakerz ... I'm so sorry about your little guy ... that must have been so scary for you and your family!!! icon_cry.gif I'm so happy to hear that he is OK. (((((HUGS))))) to you!!!

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 4:01am
post #6 of 13

I too stayed away for a while soon after I joined (my father passed) and I'm now getting back to normal and focusing again on what I love to do most. I'm so glad to be back! (just trying to play catch up) icon_smile.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:36am
post #7 of 13

You know you're addicted when... (adding to the past posting on this subject a while back)

--you remember the post from not so long ago when we all stayed up to read 20some odd pages of reasons...
--you see a photocopy of some paper, the pope is holding up the host for benediction, and before you even know what it is or that it's the pope standing behind it, you're thinking "Oh that would make a great cake design, but someone might confuse me copying something by Margaret Braun"..
-- you were thinking earlier today we were due for another "you might be addicted" post..

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 10:42am
post #8 of 13

LOL ive been here the last 6 hours checking back every half an hour to see if it was up yet.... am i addicted? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:01am
post #9 of 13

You know you're addicted when...

You're sitting in the staff luncheon on the last day of school (for the employees...kids had been out since Friday), and you see the tablecloths go down on the tables...in a gorgeous beach scene...with limes, oranges and hot pinks...and comment (OUT LOUD) that "that would be an awesome theme for a cake!"...Followed by...do you think that anyone would mind if I took one of the USED tablecloths home to refer to? Geesh!!! I want to crawl into a hole looking back! LOL.

Does anyone know of a 12-step program? LOL.

Okay, I'll admit it! My name is Amy and I have a cake decorating problem! LOL. Come on, I can't be alone!!! CC is WAY too full for me to be convinced otherwise...LOL.

Amy

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:28am
post #10 of 13

I was going thru withdrawals because I couldn't get on here last night. Even went to bed early, didn't want to watch tv or talk to DH. I got it bad!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:36am
post #11 of 13

You know youre addicted when...... living in another coutry across the world with a major time difference but yet you still keep coming back every 15min to see if anything new knowing they probably all in bed over there hehe... its a shocker but yeah i totally addicted and glad i am you are all such great folks one great big worldly family... high five to you all... icon_surprised.gif)

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 7:42pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariginal

You know youre addicted when...... living in another coutry across the world with a major time difference but yet you still keep coming back every 15min to see if anything new knowing they probably all in bed over there hehe... its a shocker but yeah i totally addicted and glad i am you are all such great folks one great big worldly family... high five to you all... icon_surprised.gif)

LOL i totally agree!!!!! I sit there at night going post people post!!! hahaha!
Its so great to talk to people all over the world, its helped me so much recently!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 8:00pm
post #13 of 13

When your confused hubby looks at the screen and says...."What does it all MEAN!!!...IMBC...BC...MMF...RI...WASC?????" And you have your 7 year old pipe up and say...."Gah...EVERYONE knows that! I now just look at him and say ..."It's a cake thing!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%