Dream Whip Buttercream

Baking By rusk1995 Updated 3 Jul 2006 , 6:54pm by deedee44

rusk1995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rusk1995 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 5

I've seen a couple different versions of the Dream Whip Buttercream. Some call for adding hot water sort of like the Whimsical Bakehouse Butter cream and some have you add water. They don't say if it has to be hot or not. Would hot water or tap water make a difference?

4 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

I don't know the answer on this in reference to icings/frostings, but when a recipe, cake, cookies, bread, etc calls for hot water, I use hot, but if it just says water, I just use room temp water.

deedee44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee44 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

Hello All,

I made this recipe because one member said that it was good and that it crusted. Well it was good, everybody loved it. The only problem is that it didn't crust.

I put in a help call, but no one has responded. Maybe I put it in the wrong area. So I'm asking again can some one possibly tell me where I went wrong?

Deedee44

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 5

sorry, can't help with the hot/cold question. I have never tried this icing. I did a search in frostings for dream whip and came up with 2 recipes. One has hot water and one has cold water. Also one has the word Dream in the title and one did not. Maybe, one crusts and one does not and you got the wrong one????? LOL HTH

deedee44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee44 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 5

No Kazoot, I did'nt get the wrong one. This recipe was posted in the thread and I copied and pasted then printed it out and it stated that it crust over.

Deedee44

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%