Speak English -- See This -->

Decorating By Doug Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 4:34am by CakeDesigns

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 20

every now and then, tho' my Spanish is limited to ordering food (and slaughtering the pronunciation) -- it certainly pays to drop in on the CC Español threads:

isn't this just sooooo precious cute!!!???!!!
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-337533-.html

wow and double wow.... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-334753-.html
(someone has to get a tutorial done on this!)

and another beautiful cake: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-336323-0.html

-------------
just goes to show -- cake speaks ALL languages!

19 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 20

Gracias, Doug.....very adorable, and very beautiful stuff. I can't wait to try my hand at the gelatinas....aren't they just exquisite?

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 20

How in the world would you do the gelatin like ones? the 2nd link (wow and wow) they look so beautiful!!!!! I'd love to know how to do them!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 20

adorable and oh yeah I LOVE the gelatin flowers....still haven't tried those......only these other ones with the wire here is a tutorial for those ones though Doug (I'm so excited I'm HELPING Doug Lol the one that helps EVERYONE else heheheh)
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gmap-gelatin.com/pics/rose_3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gmap-gelatin.com/feature2.html&h=150&w=150&sz=10&tbnid=vlelCTPxwFLr_M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3D3D%2Bgelatin%2Bdessert%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

and here's a photo of the wire ones in case you didn't knokw what I was talking about!
LL
LL

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 20

They are really nice!!! too cute as you said.
Thanks

bertie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bertie Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 20

It's nice to have different languages on the site,but it would also be nice if everyone new what they were saying.I would like to reply to some of the cakes but I don't know what it saids.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 20

Bonita (bo-nee-tah) is beautiful in Spanish. Easy enough to write that for a picture you like. icon_lol.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 20

The flower gelatin are awesome, aren't they? the bear is jut precious and that cake is beautiful. i hang out over at the spanish forum every now and then, i feel bad my spanish is not so great... for a native spanish speaker. I emailed the lady who does this on the net and teaches classes. i'll post her link on monday when i'm back at work. That's where i have all my favorites site saved to.

bonita
bella
fantastica
icon_wink.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 20

You can leave your comments in English, if you please. I'm almost certain that the majority from the CCEspañol understand and speak English.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 11:36pm
post #10 of 20

I would love to learn how to do the gelatin like that! Does anyone know of any articles anwhere that would give me a good start to get something that looks that good? I mean I do have a family reunion coming up for my BF's family what better way to impress them?

SweetLiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetLiner Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 12:17am
post #11 of 20

Those are amazing!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #12 of 20

The gelatin stuff is so pretty!

What is in the 2nd picture? Do people eat that or it is just a centerpiece? What are the flowers inside the gelatin made from?

~ Sherri

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 6:29am
post #13 of 20

Wow! That gelatin thing is waaaaaay cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 6:36am
post #14 of 20

Gracias Doug- I forget sometimes about Cake Central En Español sometimes I feel bad,

practica tu Español ojala y mejore

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:58pm
post #15 of 20

I've been posting links to thread where I link to the gelatinas recipe and tutorial but it seems to get lost in the shuffle. Here is a link to the recipes and step by step instructions with pictures to floral gelatinas and it is fortunately for most of us who are language challenged - it's in english

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-79811-.html

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #16 of 20

KHalstead- I would love to know how you make those flowers. They are beautiful!

Do you have a tutorial or a link to one that you could share?

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:27pm
post #17 of 20

Thanks Doug for bringing this topic up. The girls on the Spanish forum are very excited and honored to be mentioned on the English forum. They are a very nice group of people and LOVE to share ideas just like people on the English forum. If you need to talk to one of them, feel free to write in English or seek the help of a translator like our moderator, marialovescakes. Though it's true that most of the members do not speak English there are some that understand and can get by and there are others who can fully communicate in English. If you PM any of the members with questions, I'm sure they will respond themselves or ask someone who knows the language for help.

Again, thank you for praising the works of our very talented ladies.

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 7:37pm
post #18 of 20

those were beautiful

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:42pm
post #19 of 20

I never drop in on the Spanish forums either. We are probably missing a lot! I wonder if they drop in on all the other forums!

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:34am
post #20 of 20

I can tell you that some of us have to translate recipes, instructions and tutorials from English to Spanish for the Spanish forum so it's the same for them as it is for the English only community. You'd love to know the language to learn what it's posted and commented on the photos and they want to know English (or better English) so they can learn from you.

Please be sure to drop in and ask questions. I'm sure you'll be welcomed and your questions will be answered. That is what CC is all about, learning from each other, helping each other, getting ideas and making wonderful friends no matter what language we speak. The official language of CC is Cake and we all know that language very well.

Have a nice day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%