Swan Princess Idea Pls

Decorating By dada Updated 25 Jul 2006 , 4:12pm by EvilToxicDuck

dada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dada Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 8

A friend of mine would like me to make Swan Princess cake for his granddaughter. He doesn't care if it's fondant, 3d or transfer, just as long as it has image of swan princess. Please help, don't even know how this particular princess looks like.

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 8
petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 8

Just curious if it's the swan princess or if it is Barbie of Swan Lake? Sometimes one is confused with the other. If it is the Swan Princess, then Doug gave you some awesome prints to look at. Good luck.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 8

That's a good point, petitesweet!

Is it Barbie Swan Lake or Swan Princess? Sometimes the kids may call them the same...

There will be a difference in the looks...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000A1HW7/?tag=cakecentral-20

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 8

Granddaughter hmmmmm, thinking this request might belong to Tchaikovsky's Ballet Swan Lake.

Oh how fun, or you can take Tchaikovskys romantic classic ballet about the tragic fate of a swan princess and turn it into a cake!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 8

Oh look, I turned 200! And I am Frequent!!!

dada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dada Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 2:51pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you guys so much. My daughters were never into this particualr princess so I was stupified. To be honest, I am not sure if it's barbie or the other, but my guess would be the one from movie, (she is turning 8 and it shouldn't be hard to guess). I am given free hand to do whatever I want with design, but he wants it on 10" round with transfer. So, not too much freedom there. Pitty, would have made a beautifull 3-D don't you think? He also wants it covered with fondant. Do you think FBCT is ok to do on fondant, or if there is better way to go about it?
Thank you guys once more. icon_smile.gif
Sincerely, Dada.

EvilToxicDuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvilToxicDuck Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 8

You could probably find a swan princess coloring book..and transfer the outline. Then you could fill it in free hand...it would give it a different look than the edible images.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%