Need Fbct Help

Decorating By swanmel Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 11:39pm by jessi01

swanmel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swanmel Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 8

This is only my 3rd tranfer and I think so far I have done good but.... after freezing my transfer for about an hour and a half I went to put it on the cake. It made it there fine but now I cant get the wax paper off without the bc staying. Any suggestions of what to do.
I just put it in the freezer and I'll check it in a little bit but I need to have this cake ready in just over an hour...

Please help if you can...
Melody

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 8

Just a guess, but you need to remove the paper while it is still really frozen.

swanmel Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 8

I did remove the paper just after I took it out of the freezer. Next time I will just make sure I have a lot more time and freeze it much much longer. I got the paper off but it messed up the design some so now I need to get to work and try to fix it.

Melody

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 8

Did you put the whole thing (cake and all) back in the freezer? I would think that should work.

Did you try peeling the paper off immediately? That's the key I think. Place and peel before it had a chance to often. Good luck!

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

I think you've already done it but when that happens, just put your cake with the wax paper and all back in the freezer for another 1/2 hour or so. It should come out clean.

I do leave my FBCT longer in the freezer and they are usually ok.

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

swanmel Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 8

I finished it, not the best but oh well. Here is a picture of it before i tried to fix it.

Thanks for advice....

Melody
LL

swanmel Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 8

and here it is after.
LL

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 8

I just had the same problem this past weekend too! ten minutes before the cake was being picked up icon_cry.gif I didn't think to put the whole thing back in the freezer though! Ypu did a wonderful job fixing it!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%