Cake For Papa

Decorating By Stogz Updated 25 Jul 2006 , 7:37pm by redhare

Stogz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stogz Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking to make a cake for my father in law with the grandkids on it. Does anyone have cake ideas on how I can do this. Stick people? Family tree maybe? Probably just going to make it on a 13X9

Thanks!

7 replies
nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 8

You can find a family tree design at wilton's webpage:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/misc/familytreet.cfm

[moderator edited to remove copyrighted material]

Terrisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terrisa Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 8

This site will make an edible image out of a photo.

http://www.icingimages.com/icing.php?link=1

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 8

I did a family reunion cake - you can see it in my photos. It was for a family that had 5 daughters and 5 sons ... I cut the "kids" out of fondant with the Wilton "people cutters" or whatever you call them. They turned out really cute.

Stogz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stogz Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 1:20am
post #5 of 8

Thank you for the replies. Ksue, your cake is awesome. I never thought of using a cookie cutter. I have never tried fondant. I think this cake will be perfect to give it a try. As long as it tastes good my father in law will love it!!

Thanks!

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 5:18am
post #6 of 8

Stogz -- be sure and make the marshmallow fondant recipe (MMF) that you can find on this website. DON'T buy the Wilton's fondant -- it tastes awful! But the MMF tastes really good. And it's a whole lot of fun cutting out all the shirts and pants and shoes and heads and hands and feet ..... can you tell I loved making that cake icon_wink.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 8

What does papa like to do? Fishing, golfing, puzzles, collections? Find something personal about him.

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 8

I just did a sketch the other day that I want to make for my dad from my kids.

But make a couch and make fondant figure Papaw and 2 kids (well however many there are) and have them sitting in papaw's lap and say the best place in the world is right here in papaws lap....
then you could have little toys or something around his feet - I was going to put an end table next to him w/ a cup w/ sweetened tea in it b/c my kids are always stealing his tea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%