Frosting For A Wedding Cake

Baking By tirby Updated 4 Jun 2005 , 7:54pm by profjanmc

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 2 Jun 2005 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 5

I was just curious. But do any os you use a buttercream recipe or any recipe just for your wedding cakes? I have done a lit of birthday cakes and a few cakes with fondant. But I am doing one now and the bride wants lite fluffy white frosting. well I dont have the fridge room for the cake size. I could make more I guess. But id there one the would be best if I dod not fridge and still smoothes out nice?

4 replies
magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 2 Jun 2005 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 5

i have a buttercream recipe that i like.. but it has eggwhites in it so i wouldnt want to leave it out... lately iv been experimenting with buttercreams and i found one i like made with heavy whipping cream... but you dont want that sitting out either... however if u make a swiss buttercream .. its extra smooth and can sit out icon_smile.gif.. its easy to make.. but it just takes a lil more time

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 12:57am
post #3 of 5

Magentaa23

Please share your recipes. I have a wedding cake for August and I am still looking for a good frosting for it.

Thanks,
Cecilia

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

Well I emptieds the fridge and I can actually fit a 16" round in there . Or 1/2 sheet cake. If I did use the recipe that you like. how long can it be out on display? Also, what is the mail difference between cooked frosting and non cooked? I have one of Sylvia Weinstocks books and just havent made the buttercream in it yet because it is a cooked recipe.
I'd love the recipe you have.
[email protected]

profjanmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
profjanmc Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

MAKE Sylvia's buttercream. I could not believe the difference. I bought a good thermometer and it turned out light, fluffy and perfoect. It is the BEST frosting (besides whipped cream) easy to smooth, holds piping decorations it is great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%