Cake Turned To Rubber...wah!

Decorating By Ishynooshy Updated 8 Aug 2006 , 2:44am by kjgjam22

Ishynooshy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishynooshy Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 4:01am
post #1 of 5

I just made a cake an few hours ago and it sorta looked alright. But then the top started to deflate and i just knew something had gone worng. Left it for another 10 minutes and put it in the fridge to cool a bit more.

When i can back to to slice it and put my BC into it i noticed that the top layer was all so moist, the bottom smooth and rubbery, almost like an eraser!

I've been using this recipe for a year and a half now and havent had any troubles until now. Followed all the steps and the measurements, but still it happens!

Is there anything I can do or should i just dump it?

TIA

Ishy

4 replies
BJsGRL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJsGRL Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 4:06am
post #2 of 5

I've had this happen, and the only thing I can think of, is that I got distracted (by my kids of course!) during mixing, and mixed it longer than I usually do.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 4:07am
post #3 of 5

Maybe it's because your baking powder went flat?

Hmmm...don't have any other ideas, and I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Maybe try new baking powder/soda?

--Knox--

simply Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simply Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 7:34am
post #4 of 5

I would agree with BJsGRL about over beating. It happened to me a couple of times and both times I have overbeated the butter and sugar.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

hi.. it sounds like you lixed it too long or added too much liquid. being a stubborn person that i am it happens alll the time to me when i add all the liquid when i can see it cant take anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%